Notices

Knockhill, Saturday 9th September

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2000, 03:34 PM
JohnS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

As some of you may already know, Knockhill are running another of their Hot Marques track events this Saturday (9th September). Knockhill are prepared to offer SIDC members the same deal they offered the last time, which is free entry into the circuit (saving you £5), and £5 off the cost of taking
part on the track.

This means you get unlimited 10 minute sessions on the track throughout the day for only £30, which must be one of the best track day bargains going. Those of you who came along to the last one will know that there are barely more than 10 cars out on the track at any time.

If you don't fancy taking part, then simply turn up to the circuit and watch for free. You might even get some passenger laps (though you have to register, along with a small fee).

One thing to note, is that if you do intend to go out on the track, either as a driver or passenger, then bring your own helmet if at all possible, as Knockhill will charge you a £1 hire fee for every session, which could get expensive if you intend to do 15 to 20 sessions!

It is all high quality cars taking part, which according to the Knockhill rules, must be worth over £10k. Last time out, there were some very nice Porsches and TVRs taking part (including a new Tuscan), Impreza, Elises, and some Integra Type-Rs. Everyone on the track was very careful, and track etiquette was excellent as well.

The day starts at 9am, with the track opening for the first time hopefully before 10am, going onto about 5pm.

One other thing to note, is that there will be a national motoring magazine there to cover the event (I don't know which one), and they will be taking photographs of all well turned out/interesting cars in the paddock, as well as out on the track. In this case, I would suggest that all Impreza owners park together in the paddock/car park for a good display.

I myself can't make it on Saturday, but I know quite a few of you have already made plans to take part. Our good friends from the Scottish Elises are also taking part, and would be more than happy to take you out for
passenger laps as well if you ask nicely.

I'll see you all there on Sunday at Cameron House Hotel for the BBQ though
Old 05 September 2000, 03:47 PM
Alec
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Thumbs down

JohnS
Quick question, how do they define a cars value? I've got a 93 WRX (worth less than 10k . Would they let me play?

Thanks
Alec

[This message has been edited by Alec (edited 05 September 2000).]
Old 05 September 2000, 04:42 PM
JohnS

Alec,

yes they would let you play

It's more of a generic valuation, to keep the Hot Hatch crowd separate (i.e. cars worth 2k with a 3k body kit and 6k stereo would not be eligible).
Old 05 September 2000, 07:18 PM
John Gorman
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I dont know about the Saturday the 9th but I`ll be going on Sunday the 10th. It`s a hot hatch day whitch will be run in reverse direction with magazines in attendance (apparently) Saturday may also be a possibility.

C YA...