Dealers and Garage recommendations in Scotland

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2004, 10:23 PM
st3ph3n
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealers and Garage recommendations in Scotland

Hey all.

Anyone had dealings with drive in Falkirk or Halleys in Milngavie?

I picked up my car (05 WRX) as a euro import and it needs its 1000 mile service pretty soon. I'm also considering having it PPPd.

Drive is nearer where I work, but I had a bad dealing with one of their salesman. The term arrogant w*nker springs to mind.

The people at Halleys seemed nice enough though.

I'm going to be looking for a set of mudflaps too, and I read that some dealers are buying in the scotts automotive ones. Anyone know if Drive or Halleys is? Or anywhere in central Scotland that will supply and fit a decent set that wont cost me an arm and two legs. (£150-200 is fine for a full set). Doesn't need to be an official dealership for them.

Hopefully I'll be speaking to you all more now that I'm one of the chosen
Old 17 December 2004, 05:44 PM
p1ggm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by st3ph3n
Hey all.

I picked up my car (05 WRX) as a euro import and it needs its 1000 mile service pretty soon. I'm also considering having it PPPd.

Drive is nearer where I work, but I had a bad dealing with one of their salesman. The term arrogant w*nker springs to mind.

I'm going to be looking for a set of mudflaps too, and I read that some dealers are buying in the scotts automotive ones. Anyone know if Drive or Halleys is? Or anywhere in central Scotland that will supply and fit a decent set that wont cost me an arm and two legs. (£150-200 is fine for a full set). Doesn't need to be an official dealership for them.

tbh i wouldnt bother with ppp, go for a custom remap
Old 18 December 2004, 07:27 PM
thp1
Scooby Newbie

Alright man,

I don`t have any answers to your questions, however, I`ve had several dealings with S&S Services in Ayr and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

cheers,
thp1
Old 21 December 2004, 03:38 PM
gavsti
Scooby Newbie

Hey Dude, i have dealt with Halleys in Milngavie and some of my mates use them and never had any complaints. Got a dame good deal on ma new STi, highly recomend them
Old 21 December 2004, 05:06 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

I bought my MY04 sti from drive & the saleman who sold it to me was a w@nker, wouldnt touch them for servicing & travelled an extra 50 or more miles to got to Nobles in peniculk .................. though i am on the darker side now its soo much better ............. dump the wrx & get yourself an Evo, its a real car
Old 21 December 2004, 07:38 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

Look at all the Newbies in this post!!

Welcome to Scoobynet......

I cant really help you, not dealt with any of those dealers.. however, I have rarely heard a bad word about Nobles. Meant to be worth the extra cost to get there.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 21 December 2004, 07:39 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

........ regarding the PPP, as P1GGM has pointed out. I would go for a custom re-map rather than paying 2k for PPP.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 21 December 2004, 07:45 PM
SCOSaltire
Scooby Regular

nobles are good at fitting ppp - they fitted mine late on a thursay in time for going down south - it was very appreciated. was 3 years ago now.
Old 21 December 2004, 08:27 PM
st3ph3n
Scooby Regular

Remap = void warranty though surely?

The car's booked to go to Milngavie a week tomorrow for the 1K. Although I'll need to get my old man to take it there as I'll need to be at work.

Should be a lovely drive on the Thursday though. Empty backroads on the way to work!

They don't do the flaps though, so I'm still weighing up my options for them. I might even try fitting them myself.
Old 22 December 2004, 01:04 PM
coulty
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
I bought my MY04 sti from drive & the saleman who sold it to me was a w@nker, wouldnt touch them for servicing & travelled an extra 50 or more miles to got to Nobles in peniculk .................. though i am on the darker side now its soo much better ............. dump the wrx & get yourself an Evo, its a real car
Awww christ! Not another nutter that has gone dark

Hows the mota stephen? Glad to see you back in the real world of cars even if it is a crappy evo.....get yerself a real mans car

Stuart
Old 22 December 2004, 09:58 PM
st3ph3n
Scooby Regular

The darkside eh? I thought that was reserved for <insert the Glasgow team you don't support>.

I joke of course.

I've ordered up my mudflaps and I'll try and fit them myself. How hard can it possibly be?

I'll make sure to salute any of you guys should I see other Imprezas on the road.

So if you see a large ginger bloke in a Black Impreza waving at no one in particular, then thats me.

Last edited by st3ph3n; 22 December 2004 at 10:01 PM.
Old 22 December 2004, 11:45 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Milngavie - Vauxhall dealer turned Subaru dealer, sort of

Drive, now Morrisons - bargepole and wouldn't touch spring to mind

Nobles - in the business for years, dedicated Subaru/Isuzu garage and dealership - always use, many recommend.

Also consider the family run Eden Subaru in Fife. New dealership but very keen to please and with qualified technicians, which cannot be said for some

Brian
Old 22 December 2004, 11:48 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Believe PPP can only be done on UK cars though - most dealers refuse it - something to do with Prodrive agreement and it cn only be fitted in the original country of sale, or something like that and would void the Euro warranty.

May all be crap, but seems commonly discussed - post in General about it.

DO NOT FORGET http://www.scottishscoobies.com - where it's at.

Brian
Old 23 December 2004, 08:19 PM
HI SOOB
Scooby Regular

Dont forget that top bloke at www.h1performance.co.uk as he also fits bits n' bobs as well as retailing them
Old 23 December 2004, 10:55 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Yeah - great company

Old 24 December 2004, 09:12 PM
chunky_lad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by st3ph3n
Hey all.

Drive in Falkirk, been there once with a mate looking at a new STI, know what you mean about arrogant sales staff. My mate went elsewhere. Took my old Scoob there once for servicing as it was more convenient than Nobles at the time - felt it was overpriced and they really messed up my alloys changing a couple tyres, although the service staff were decent enough on a personal level. Wouldn't use them again. Not heard anything about Halleys - just know they are a relatively new dealership as Drive were when I first went there.

Now just go the Nobles although it's a bit out of the way I've never had any issues with them.