Notices

Going Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2004, 03:52 PM
Pongo555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going Tomorrow

Well after 2 years of the highest service costs and running costs the scooby goes tomorrow for buttons compared to what i have paid for it .

So my advice to anyone thinking of buying a scooby ask your self a couple of questions first.

1. Do i earn £25,000 + and still live with parents ?
2. Do i want to EVER sell the car when i am finnished with it ?
3. Am i willing to accept extreme servicing bills (i have previouly owned 300Bhp cosworth that was HALF the price to keep in the road AND service)

Dont get me wrong the car has been faultless for the 2 years that i have owned it buy my credit card has seen to that i.e. servicing bills and when it came time to sell it i found that in the 2 years i had owned it the value on it had HALFED yes you got is paid £12,000 for it from Nobles and they offered to buy it back at wait for it do the sums yes you got it £6,000 at a push they said.

Pongo555 (Signing off for GOOD)

Last edited by Pongo555; 07 June 2004 at 07:08 PM.
Old 07 June 2004, 04:46 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

You sound wee bit pi$$ed off buddy...

Just cause the car hasnt been the cheapest to run, doesnt mean that you need to sign off from Scoobynet!!

IIRC most of the members on here arent currently Scooby drivers for various reasons!!

Cars depreciate, cant get away from that, you dont buy them as an investment.. As more and more become available the less they are worth.

What you going for next?? I would recommend a 1.8 Fiesta Diesel (non turbo to keep running costs down)...

Cheers,
Grant
Old 07 June 2004, 05:07 PM
kart_man
Scooby Regular

It's only money !!! You can't take it with you !!!

Just remember the fun you've had driving it and forget how much it's cost. Have to say it sounds like you're getting a very raw deal on your price, but then I guess they need to sell it and make their slice. How old is the car? Have you done a lot of miles? I assume you've tried autotrader etc. ?
I've bought and sold 2 scoobies (and still have one) and have never lost anymore than I'd expect from any newish car.

Shame to hear you feel that way but I guess they're not for everyone !
Old 07 June 2004, 05:19 PM
Pongo555
Scooby Regular

No can not fault the car in anyway and yews i HAVE enjoyed every minute of owning one but the running costs were higher than expected and servicing costs were just stupid so time to goto something like a Golf Tdi for like ever lol may pop in from time to time to see what you guys are up to lol.

Pongo555

P.S. Car is going to dealer so ANY offer over £6,500 will get the car B4 the traders do lol.