Notices

Ok, who passed me on the A89

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2004, 12:11 AM
pmacFTO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok, who passed me on the A89

Some one in a Silver (WRX?) was desperate to show me how fast his car is I overtook 3 cars in one then saw this car screaming up to catch me then I just slowed down as I knew he was going to show me some turbo powah!! lol I only have an FTO - I know it ain't fast Nobody needs to show me

Forgot this forum has no avatars. Mine was the white FTO with CF bonnet and rather large Arc GT rear wing
Old 30 May 2004, 01:35 AM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pmacFTO
Some one in a Silver (WRX?) was desperate to show me how fast his car is I overtook 3 cars in one then saw this car screaming up to catch me then I just slowed down as I knew he was going to show me some turbo powah!! lol I only have an FTO - I know it ain't fast Nobody needs to show me

Forgot this forum has no avatars. Mine was the white FTO with CF bonnet and rather large Arc GT rear wing
I was on the A89 today around about 2:30 or so on my way back from KH but don't remember seeing you car so can't have been me (maybe)

Mine is a 2003 WRX silver, private plate.

Was it a new age style or a classic?

Brian

P.S. Is you car ever about Whitbburn area - I think I remember seeing an FTO about but think it was a black one and a red one too.
Old 30 May 2004, 09:55 AM
pmacFTO
Scooby Regular

nah it was b4 1pm, Had just picked up my fiance from work in Currie.
Old 30 May 2004, 10:33 AM
coulty
Scooby Regular

Question

was your car the one from JVS and spent some time at the garage with mark?
Old 30 May 2004, 11:47 PM
pmacFTO
Scooby Regular

Mine was from JVS but it's not the one Marc has worked on (altho he did my Cam Belt). The other one is Mark E's beast and is an Evo 4 engine transplant to the FTO (still FWD!) and he is getting 13.8s 1/4's so far (at Santa Pod) but boost set quite low...bit of a beast May be at TOTB II I think he said...
Old 31 May 2004, 10:51 AM
coulty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pmacFTO
Mine was from JVS but it's not the one Marc has worked on (altho he did my Cam Belt). The other one is Mark E's beast and is an Evo 4 engine transplant to the FTO (still FWD!) and he is getting 13.8s 1/4's so far (at Santa Pod) but boost set quite low...bit of a beast May be at TOTB II I think he said...
No it is yours that i saw....i remember now it was only the cambelt that was being done. Really nice car mate! Makes a lovely sound from the exhaust...look after it!
Old 31 May 2004, 09:30 PM
pmacFTO
Scooby Regular

thanks coulty

The exhaust is a 5Zigen Fireball and makes a very distinctive noise...wasn't sure about it when I bought it...but now when it hits Mivec and that exhausts screams I fecking love it!! The noise at Crail just b4 I change from 2nd to 3rd is lovely (private road an all that...)

As it happens I was looking at a Scoob today in a place called Carwise in Kirckcaldy (mum has just taken over a pub there). Its a Blue P plate Impreza UK model...but it's had a dump valve added as the guy was revving the engine for me to hear and it was hissing away...

Anyone know what sort of price I should pay for something like that? Looked good condition and full dealer s/h. £6995 it was up for...need a 4 door soon as the baby is due in 3 months! Scoob is my choice as it's practical but still has a bit of oomph! Anyone know the car or previous owner by any chance?