Notices

Telephone mast?

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2004, 04:46 PM
(R-6)
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Telephone mast?

On the drive back from Knockhill today a tyre decided to commit suicide. After Gav (mate and co-driver) replaced the wheel with a disklock, opps sorry a space saver, we where ready for the off.

Jumped back into the car and turned the ignition on “bleep bleep” feckall!, the fecking thing wouldn’t start, and to boot we where in deepest darkest Dumfermline.

Gav being a man of some knowledge, pointed up to a telephone mast type thing, and made what I thought to be a somewhat bizarre statement. “That’s whats stopping the signal getting to the immobilizer” he said.

On this note we pushed the car a hundred yards down the road and round a corner, making sure that we couldn’t see the masts.

Guess what!, the fecking car kicked back to life, where gav smiled in a very smug smiley way, and said, “told you so”.

Can’t believe that that actually could happen, I would have never believed it if it hadn’t happened to me.

Tyre fixed, race mode back on……………………………..
Old 29 May 2004, 05:56 PM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

As I mentioned on the phone mate, my old E6 with the clifford used to be prone to this and anywhere near an airport.

One thing that the dealer (anyone remember Kas) of the time mentioned was to put the plipper up under the wheel arch as this shields the signal and try it. Worked for me a couple of times at Glasgow airport.

...John
Old 29 May 2004, 08:49 PM
Dougster
Scooby Regular

At a recent Glasgow meet at West Park Hotel and NO ONE could get their plip to work!!!

Safe my a***!!!
Old 30 May 2004, 01:40 AM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Chris,

I've had similar with a Scorpion alarm system I had. Someone else said try putting it against you chin (I read it in a magazine from some alarm company).

Apparently if you place it against you body it uses your body as a booster or bigger transmitter etc. Should not cause too many radiation probs I would imagine?!?!

It does seem to work.

REAL pain about the tyre - what did it do?

Brian