Notices

Tinted windows.

Search this Thread

Old 22 May 2004, 11:29 AM
New To Scoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Tinted windows.

Well its finally happened, the lunatics have well and trully took over the asalum. Last monday the Mrs got stopped on the A9 for the car having the windows tinted. True to form the tintman machine appeared and the car failed my light smoke tint on the front only gave a reading of 35% VLT now anybody who has seen my car would agree that it seems a heck of a low reading for the tint level, so hte Mrs has been given a £30 fine and told the details will be on record so if we get stopped again it'll be another fine and probably points to top it off the female filth decided to check the rest of the car and decided the No plates were also illegal, ok so I have a small black banner at one side of the rear no plate and the front one is cut down in width but my spacing and letter size/font are totally legal, they were classed illegal due to 3D style shading/honeycomb backing and they were not displaying a BSAU stamp, thankfully no fine for this just a their not right but not the worst we see
So now on with the rant section.
Firstly do you really think it's a particulary clever stopping the car on a busy section of the A9 to do a window check, not exactly the safest thing IMO.
This seems like a "we've got a new toy and want to use it attitude IMO"
Nice use of the ruler/tape on the plates " I kid you not" spacing and sizes correct so we'll say something so as not to make an @rse of ourselves in front the driver of the car we've just stopped.
Lastly, how can you decide that the car was dangerous/unfit for road use due to the tints when you coppers are standing there both wearing BLACK sunglasses, glasses which were so black my wife couldn't even see you eyes behind them, if nothing else a little common courtisy and take the frigging things OFF and how come there are several Traffic cars knocking about Strathclyde with tinted windows, one rule for one for the others eh!!!!
WTF do I pay taxes in the time you spent messing about with my car there were probably 10 burgularies/2 rapes/5 cars and 10 bikes stolen.

John
(seriously P@55ed off)
Old 22 May 2004, 11:52 AM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Unlucky John,

A real pain and I agree with all your points. Hence the reason I had my front tints removed. Did not want to go through the hassle. Just not worth it. Hope it all works out fine.

Brian.
Old 22 May 2004, 04:03 PM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Tayside Polis?? Wouldnae ken real crime, even if someone booted them in the baa's!! Sounds like the scoob was targeted mate, nothing random about it. I would send a letter of complaint about it. If it was a dangerous spot and point out the ignorance of the individuals pulling over a woman and harrassing her, mention the specs and knit-picking of the plate. Also that the female officer was smelly...that'll always work

...John
Old 23 May 2004, 08:26 AM
New To Scoob
Scooby Regular

John, I'm seriously thinking about sending a letter, from what the Mrs says the bloke was really ok and he was only bothered about the windows. She says he took a lot of time and care making sure the windows were cleaned properly and everything but he still never took off his glasses he even commented about how nice a car it was and that she seemed a pretty good driver
Cagney wasn't so nice from what I understand

John.

p.s. replied to your FAO mate.
Old 23 May 2004, 05:58 PM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Female traffic cops mate. Nighmares from hell, especially at the 28th cyclic day

Got yer reply as well mate I'd have been in a field on its side with it by now if it wer' me Enjoy, especially in this weather.