Notices

another AWD story (reply)

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2004, 03:19 PM
Grant Swan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up another AWD story (reply)

We always try our best to fix all probs on the day.Unfortunately due to non availability of parts this job could not be finished.To be honest I was shocked at how bad this car was running, but we can only rectify faults with parts we have available.

The work I have carried out on this car was required, regardless of what other garages have tried/fitted to get this one right.All of the parts I have replaced were faulty, and as I have nothing to hide, all the old parts I removed from the car were given back to the customer for him to take away (this is our policy).

The customer was informed in full of all the work I carried out to his car on the day,what I had done and why.And more importantly that the car was NOT finished as I needed more parts to fix the fault.Customer was then informed what was still outstanding and why.

For the techno bods on here.....the car is running 37 degrees of ignition advance at idle.A fault we have come across before which is rectified by an ECU change.Without an ECU to fit to the car on the day, no way was it going to run right!!

With regards to the invoice, we re-sell genuine subaru parts at the retail price set by the dealers and our labour rate is set.Its always a problem when a customer leaves a contact number that is incorrect, phone switched off etc etc. and we are unable to contact them for authorisation.We have to decide whether to go ahead & do a repair, or just do nothing and waste the customers and our time.We are not the first garage to have this problem & we wont be the last.

My final word on this post is " I try my best ", shoot me down if you want!!