Notices

Dent, Dings and Scratches??!!

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2004, 09:14 AM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dent, Dings and Scratches??!!

Anyone used one of the ding companies to 'polish' out scratches? I seem to remember a while back one of them offered a miracle solution to scratches, something like the wax sticks from halfrauds, although claiming that they were puka'

Reason I ask is I've had quotes for fixing the wifes car and £150 is the best so far to spray one panel (some tw@t with a key in a carpark ) Being metallic, one panel may show up if not perfectly matched.

Anyone got any websites for these companies, or phone numbers of v.good bodyshop places in West Lothian, Falkirk, lithgy areas.

Thanks, John
Old 31 March 2004, 11:22 AM
New To Scoob
Scooby Regular

Smile

John,
Try Steve Walkers Bodyshop in B'gate, haven't got a clue how much he'd charge you but his work is first class, done my old 309.

John.
Old 31 March 2004, 09:01 PM
pmacFTO
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

My neighbour has a Flying Colours franchise and is **** hot at these sort of repairs...he does all of McKays cars. You may have seen the van driving around livi? Anyway he did some stuff on my last FTO and it was perfect after he was done (for going to JAE!)

The number on his van is an 0800....I'll get it l8r!!

The other guy is Dr Vinyl - aye it sounds dodgy but he is also good, they do dings, scratches etc but also excellent at repairing fabric or vinyl especially if you have had road angels or any other things mounted on the dash (common in imported cars as the Japs love their gadgets!)...they are based in Leith (Bangor Road - off Gt Junction Street) 0131 553 6234. Ask for George (mention my old Red FTO and he will know who u r on about!).

Hope this helps
Old 01 April 2004, 09:27 AM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Cheers Guys, I'll try and search for the flying colours number. I want to try the easy cheap option first. Failing that it's a respray