Notices

scottish "safety" vans ??

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2003, 02:46 PM
jono400
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HI, looking for a bit off advice from anyone within scotland who regularly comes across van based laser traps and who uses a road angel or laser diffuser type device to detect / diffuse the situation ( !! )

looking for info as to the actual effctivness off the road angels laser receiver attachment against the actual make / models off laser cameras used within the whole scottish area ?? say that, because I believe that our particular laser cameras are as tight as as scotsmans reputation !! ie. give off very little laser scatter as to aid pick up from the likes off a road angel, etc ?? comparing to some stories heard off ample pick up off stray laser signals being received by radar/ lased detectors being used south off the border, my own detector - the snooper s5-r received nothing when passing one off these particular vans when I know he was measuring speed readings for sure !!

also anyone have any user results to report with lrc100 / blinder type gear again when used against scottish based camera vans ??

based in fife, so any localish info regards this type off subject is most appreciatted !! they do seem to be doing the rounds within the last few weeks especially !! be careful out there !!!!
cheers,
john...
Old 05 December 2003, 08:46 AM
Civic Type R
Scooby Regular

I got caught doing a measily 86 mph by the cops with a laser gun - I had my Road Angel switched on but they were sitting @ 90 degrees to the road ( it was dark when I passed them so this is a presumption) and the thing didn't make one cheep

The best thing to do is the store all the hidey holes ( layby, junctions etc where you know the cops hide-out). I don't condone speeding but they hide EVERYWHERE these days - survival of the fittest !

Cal

[Edited by Civic Type R - 12/5/2003 8:47:21 AM]
Old 06 December 2003, 01:10 PM
The Saint
Scooby Regular

I saw them just out of Stoney the other day, as you leave Stoney heading south there is a big hill folloed by a r/h bend then a long long straight. The van was on the straight on the N bound carriageway. To55ers. What has this got to do with safety.

Saint