Notices

Edinburgh roads and my nice new wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2003, 11:07 AM
scoobyguy22
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

just spent over a grand on some new 18`s for my baby but its finnaly happened after a month my first contact with a curb!!what a mess it makes at such low speeds.

is there any good products to touch it back up?

you see pics of scoob`s with nice big wheels on that dont have a mark on them how do you not hit the curb. even little tiny curbs about an inch high will scuff the wheel

any info on keeping my wheels looking nice would be most greatfull

if it gets to being bad then i will refurb them but there must be a way of not having to do that so soon.

is there any good mobile wheel referb places in edinburgh appart auto image, someone who will come out and do it while i wait type thing.

jo
Old 03 October 2003, 11:41 AM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

I had 18's on my Mondeo and the best advice is not to go anywhere near kerbs - sounds daft and pretty impractical, but is really is the only way to avoid it. I was lucky that my driveway is only 1" off the road height so I had no probs.

Know what you mean by the damage caused even from a slight rub. Easy to do. Only option there is to make sure you've got the rim protector built into the tyre - which most modern tyres have. Also that your tyres are wide enough to take a minor rubbing before catching the rim. On 18's you'll struggle for that though. Alot of people have the tyre/rim combination dead on line.

Unlucky mate - no matter how hard you try something will always catch you out. Mine was a white van cutting a corner - slow grind on the wheel and about 12" of the rim was lightly chewed. I was raging!!

M-S
Old 03 October 2003, 04:18 PM
H7
Scooby Regular

Try Wicked Wheels - mobile service that comes to your door Used them some years ago and the girl did a stunning job.