Notices

Black CTR - BATHGATE

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2003, 01:16 PM
Civic Type R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote :-

ahhhhhhh the fond memories of watching a wee black CTR lead one of the warm up sessions at knockhill recently.
He was doing very well in my opinion.
But alas, could not cut the mustard with the big boys.

--------------------------------------------------------------

That would have been me if your refering to the SIDC track day. I notice you used the words "warm up" - i.e not pushing it for the first few laps. It was also wet for the first hour. Keeping this lighthearted but to say I couldn't cut the mustard was not an accurate reflection ! Standard lardy assed bug eyes couldn't pass me on the straights or the corners and I took a few Scoobs after the chicane. Modified classics blew me away on the straights but I lost a fair few of them on the corners too.

Scoobs are one of my favourite cars and they are indeed v.fast. But they aren't the quickest cars on the track. The Skylines and Radicals etc pissed all over the Scoobs that day( 22B aside)

Wanna trip down memory lane then click below.......

http://community.webshots.com/user/cgshand

Cheers

Cal

[Edited by Civic Type R - 10/5/2003 1:18:34 PM]
Old 10 May 2003, 04:36 PM
shocker
Scooby Regular

hi
not picking sides over ctr and scoob, had great fun with scoob but when really pushing it on, it eat brakes, broke suspension etc ,spent a fortune on running it, didnt like the way it handled in dry ,to unpredictable kepted fighting you all the time but in the wet it was a superb car really handled but ctr is totally diffrent, its the best car i have driven in dry but completly **** in wet ,not slagging of scoobs kept mine 4 years ,longest i have ever had a car ,but at the momment the ctr is more fun on track ,i have got plans to fit a jackson raceing super charger next month as they are just about ready to bring out the software to allow the charger to run with the i vtec and i will see if the car gets any quicker in staight line which is where the ctr is a let down , so hopefully will meet you guys again next year on track days and we can have a few more laughs
shocker
ps
it wasnt me at the sidc day but do know who it was, i was at the honda lotus night the week before got blown away by a few nutter elises vey fast cars when turbod, remember a guy in a new black sti was right up his **** when he went completly sideways lost it big style done about 3 spins on grass then came shooting back onto track right across the front of me ,what a smile he had on his face when he came into paddock ,spoke to him and he didnt give a **** about his car just keeped going out and caneing it sideways every were and his car was only 2 days old good on him thats the kind of guys i like to see on track days

[Edited by shocker - 10/5/2003 4:45:28 PM]
Old 01 October 2003, 11:38 PM
( R6 CDW )
Scooby Regular

Nice try mate, bow down in front of my sti, i bet you never had a car whoop your *** so bad.

Great blast ( for a shopping trolly)

LOL

Chris
Old 03 October 2003, 10:47 AM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Question

Chris, are you local to bathgate m8. Not seen another Sti8 going about here, although I know of a black one in Wburn.

...John
Old 03 October 2003, 01:17 PM
( R6 CDW )
Scooby Regular

Very near John,

Livingston for my sins, thought i spotted you once in bathgate, near race road or the road before that at traffic lights, twas it you my friend ???

chris
Old 03 October 2003, 01:36 PM
foz01
Scooby Regular

very impressive for a car that costs over 10k more
Old 03 October 2003, 02:12 PM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Smile

Chris, probably was mate. Trying to get to the first oil change at 1000miles. I'm in Bathgate and Livingston quite a bit.

Catch up with you soon...John
Old 03 October 2003, 04:28 PM
( R6 CDW )
Scooby Regular

Well he must have known that before he tried in on!.

And any comments made where made in jest/fun, go and enjoy the weekend, because i'm going too.
Old 03 October 2003, 04:57 PM
New To Scoob
Scooby Regular

evojkp, that'll be me youve seen in the black sti8

John
Old 03 October 2003, 06:23 PM
shocker
Scooby Regular

300bhp against 200bhp of course your going to beat it, lets try taking 100hp of your car and then see how you do ,any way bet it was in a staight line and not round twistys ,ctrs have amazing speed round twisty roads would leave a scoob standing and as i have said before there is no point in trying to compare a turbo car against a n-asperated car, turbo will win in straight line every time ,lets try a race track and see who wins, a few of the magazines and telly progs cant be wrong as they keep rating the ctr best car of the year etc etc etc
Old 03 October 2003, 09:00 PM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi John,

I take it that it is yourself that lives a couple of doors down from the wifes dragon. She drives a toyota yaris (wine colour). I had a black A4 until last week.

I see your on the Clair. You working beside Alistair MacKenzie and any of the other tossa's who ran from the Montrose?? I was out there for about 10 year, now working @ Grangemouth.

Hopefully catch up with you soon.

...John
Old 03 October 2003, 09:27 PM
Spooks
Scooby Regular

Seems to be a few folks almost on my doorstep with scoobs and evos and I've seen not a one lol....who are you people reveal yourselves dammit.
BTW Chris may have been my work colleague, he's in Broxburn and has a wee CTR but aint mentioned being burned by a ST1 funnily enough.Then again the wee pocket rockets are popular so maybe not.
Laters
Spooks
Old 03 October 2003, 10:13 PM
Dougster
Scooby Regular

Shocking big fish you caught there Chris.

IMHO threads like this don't go anywhere fast and usually turn into inappropriate slagging matches.

At the end of the day it is the individuals CHOICE of what they spend their hard earned cash on.

Will keep it lighthearted as it's the weekend but I certainly won't be posting on here when I take delivery of my Porsche GT3 RS.

P.S. No offence meant to Shocker or any others that felt the need to respond. We all still look out the window in the morning and say 'that's my car'
Old 04 October 2003, 04:14 PM
( R6 CDW )
Scooby Regular

Think you right (D), I take it all back, it never happend, i made it up, and if i did'nt make it up he wasn't trying, i'm sorry, please forgive me, and i'm glad he never blew me away cos imagine the response his post whould have got from shocker.

Hi Dougs
Hi Spooks

I'm of to hunt bigger pray, to really prove myself.
Old 04 October 2003, 04:17 PM
( R6 CDW )
Scooby Regular

Oh by the way, my mate's m3 has no turbo, still felt fast, makes you wonder who's the bright spark!
Old 04 October 2003, 05:00 PM
sg72
Scooby Regular

Just burnt off a GT3 Today. LOL.

Chris. Know you're bathing in the splendour of yer new Duds.

But these kinda posts. Just cause **** slingin'

Ye've Gotta laugh.

Let them Novas/Corsas/fiestas/CTRs. pass you mate.

They love you car!
Old 04 October 2003, 05:46 PM
( R6 CDW )
Scooby Regular

SG72.

Cheers to u m8.
Old 04 October 2003, 06:56 PM
BOBBY G
Scooby Regular

ahhhhhhh the fond memories of watching a wee black CTR lead one of the warm up sessions at knockhill recently.
He was doing very well in my opinion.
But alas, could not cut the mustard with the big boys.

I think that there cannot be anything to beat a super hatch for thrills-pounds ratio!!

Well....maybe an elise mk1......

ohh I am all confused.
Old 04 October 2003, 07:03 PM
shocker
Scooby Regular

come on guys the scoob is not the fastest car about certainly most beat the ctr in straight line but haveing owned both, ctr is quicker in dry in the twistys but not much good any other time,the scoob i had was great fun on the road very fast up gears and out of corners would certainly beat my ctr in straight line but roads are not straight and the ctr would have the advantage in dry as you all know the scoob under steers and the brakes over heat to easily ,in the dry i would think ctr would have advantage ,not slagging of the scoobs as i had great fun with mine but i find the ctr more fun on the twisty roads of scotland ,as i say no point compareing a turbo car to a non turbo car buy when you get down to the nitty gritty both cars are superb fun and i would not slagg of any of them ,the only problem i had was running costs of the scoob ,brakes petrol engines tyres etc etc etc ,find ctr superb brakes dont fade, tyres last 10000 miles petrol consumption good 35 mpg ,when you vtec it its about the same as scoob,from past experiance i would keep ctr over scoob ,but then again a new sti could persuade me back but at 25000 upwards think an evo would be puchased ,had great fun with you lot on a track night you certainly left me standing on straights but i remember a few of you got passed on the corners but then you passed on straight again then i passed on corners , had a great laugh about it in paddock with everyone concerned
shocker
ps
didnt mean to start a slagging match as i think both cars have similar performance once ctr is on vtech ,scoob certainly nicer looking car and gives you more of a buzz ,but come on scoob guys drive a ctr and see what i mean about the fun factor of a ctr
Old 04 October 2003, 07:57 PM
( R6 CDW )
Scooby Regular

No

Just new u had a ctr - (lol)
Old 04 October 2003, 07:59 PM
sg72
Scooby Regular

Shocker.

When I bought my Scoob 1 yr and 6Mts ago. (STI 5 Type r Ltd).

I pointed out to the salesman.I can buy a BRAND NEW. CTR. for this kind of money.

His reply was "NO. THIS! is the car you want."

You know..... He was right!

But! ....I bet you you'll have spent HEE HAW. Keeping the Honda Sweet

Whereas. THE Scoob .....Anybody ...Wife and Kids/House? £££££££.

It's a laugh.

Respect! and so it goes.

Old 04 October 2003, 10:16 PM
BOBBY G
Scooby Regular

CTR's are the best!

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhh!

Old 05 October 2003, 04:41 PM
turbo bob
Scooby Regular

Talking

oooh, proper exciting
Old 05 October 2003, 04:54 PM
shocker
Scooby Regular

sorry civic type r didnt read your post before posting mine ,heard you done superb on that night from a few of the boys pity none of us turned up ,ended up working ,you say the same as me ctr is better on corners which i aggree on ,and respect to any one that goes on track and gives it big licks weither they get passed or not its the fun of being on the track
shocker
ps why dont the different scottish clubs organise one track night and get together, cheaper all round for everbody rather than have 10 or 20 cars at each night
Old 09 October 2003, 10:17 AM
New To Scoob
Scooby Regular

Wink

evojkp, yup I'm the very one that stays a couple of doors down from your M-I-L, the wife said you had got another scoob, yup I'm working with Ally Mac and the lads can't remember who else came from the Montrose I think they are two or three.
Next time your in the street pop down if I'm kicking about, you'll notice theres a sold sign in the garden we're going to B'gate.

John.
Old 09 October 2003, 12:08 PM
iainalpine
Scooby Regular

good reading in this thread as i met a ctr on the way back from aberdeen on the a93 on tuesday(maybe someone on here). got to admit the ctr's go real well. have thought about changing to 1 for a while. as we all no the A93 is full of twists and plenty straights. coming up to glenshee and just past it there are some pretty big jumps to. the ctr was doing well keeping up(at my cruising speed) but once the seat belt was on and the anti lag i had to wave out the window. i have driven a ctr for a good few thousand miles and do disagree with the comments about the scoobs handling. i cant really fault it. the ctr reacts a bit quicker to sharp directions changes but the impreza in my opinion either in the straight or the twisty stuff still has the edge. looking forward to next year to meet some ctr's on the track once they have been modded with the charger conversion.
keep it going guys
iain