Notices

SIDC Track day @ Knockhill ----> post event comments

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2003, 02:36 PM
Civic Type R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

What a crackin' day ! The wet track dried off quickly enough to leave some superb conditions. Jools - saw you spinning in my rear view on the 1st warm up lap which put the frighteners on me. 30 minutes later we had a nice dry track

Highlights for me :-

- White Classic spittin' flames ( about 2 ft wide !) in front of me on the pit straight
- hearing the Skyline at full pelt
- seeing that sweet 22b in action !
- seeing the M5 & Boxter twitch the back end out of the hairpin
- having some quality battles with the Elises
- seeing the Radical taking the hairpinn & accelerate out

However, it wasn't all good. The RB5 driver reg *** ODS ( I think ?) cut me up big time after the pit straight, completely forcing me off MY line when he was "trying" to out break me. It was the worst driving I've ever seen @ a trackday. Shame on you matey !
I thought of reporting your pi55 poor drivin' to the marshalls but thought a cyber-ridicule would suffice. No hard feelings but you were bang out of order. This is especially for you..

Cheers Cal
Old 13 September 2003, 02:42 PM
Civic Type R
Scooby Regular

I'll post some piccies of us all in action on Monday
Anyone got somewhere i can host some videos (including 5 Scoob tussle @ the hairpin)

Cal
Old 13 September 2003, 02:46 PM
scoobydoo wrx
Scooby Regular

sports car services 22b was the dogs ***** , seen the calder 1 too - runnin quite sweet.
Old 13 September 2003, 04:36 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Cant believe that the old GTR - thrashed the Stripped out purple racing Tuscan, what a superb noise from the 22b and the skyline on full pelt up the strip.

Why was the calder GTR not racing and why did the Scooby only do one lap then come off - not what I would call reliable upgrading.
Old 13 September 2003, 04:55 PM
scoobydoo wrx
Scooby Regular

? maybe there doing trial and error stuff, just trying it out and not going over the top with it. dont c why the skyline wasn't off the trailer though.
Old 13 September 2003, 05:08 PM
karps
Scooby Regular

i had a fantastic day and iv still got the cheesy grin on my face. being a newbie to all this i got a bit more confident as the day progressed, and if i got in anyones way then i apoligise. BRILLIANT. (mine was the sti with the decals by the way)
Old 13 September 2003, 05:18 PM
( R6 CDW )
Scooby Regular

Hey Karps,

I got you in one of my pictures, and the calder car, is "SUPPOSED" to have 500bhp, not much good if it wont go.

Good day all the same, and i agree the skyline was fairly traming on a bit!!!
Old 13 September 2003, 05:22 PM
TheHighlander
Scooby Newbie

Glad to hear that it went well, I can offer free hosting for some videos so that those of us who didn't make it along can see some of the action.

Please contact by PM and I'll set you up with ftp access.

Robert
Old 13 September 2003, 05:34 PM
Judge
Scooby Regular

Tremendous day had by me and the good lady! The organisation of the day was fantastic and the track action was great!It was good to finally put a few faces to the names of you guys on here,and I can honestly say that the Scoob drivers were the most aware and considerate of the day.The only real problem I had was the guy in the boxster who one two seperate runs put my car and his in jepardy by scything through right on the turn in to a corner!Very bad driving (Does your mum know you took her car?) Otherwise it was the best buzz I have ever had and look forward to doing it again soon.
Old 13 September 2003, 05:41 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Was well impressed with your driving against a tough opposition CivicTypeR - Your exhaust sounded the business.

Here are some pics of the cars to remind you of the competition.

[Edited by lightning101 - 9/13/2003 5:45:11 PM]
Old 13 September 2003, 05:41 PM
scoobydoo wrx
Scooby Regular

so any1 got clips of the day then?
Old 13 September 2003, 06:22 PM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Wink

Cal....

thought it was best to find the limits early doors....not!

Also thought the grass was a tad long at the hairpin, hence I had a few goes at mowing it for the staff at KH....
besides; Ian did want some action shots from his rear facing camera....

Jools
PPS Westy

Old 13 September 2003, 06:26 PM
scoobydoo wrx
Scooby Regular

your scooby is lookin sweet jools.
Old 13 September 2003, 06:31 PM
opelcorsa
Scooby Regular

Who is the good lookin guy next to the red scoob with the bonnett up???

By the way the tossa in the boxsters drivin wasnt jist bad on the track he nearly ran me and the family down in the pit lane. wan*er.

M5 was broadside bigtime at the airpin,rest of the day was great too many to mention.
Old 13 September 2003, 06:40 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Boxster S - £38,000

Petrol - £50

Looking like a hairdresser, with a purple helmet - PRICELESS!!!
Old 13 September 2003, 06:49 PM
JohnS

Talking

Hi all,

glad everyone enjoyed the event It did take a lot of hard work and organisation by everyone involved (you know who you are ) to make the day run smoothly.

I believe that two separate people counted well over 100 Imprezas there in total - so quite an amazing gathering at relatively short notice

We also managed to raise an amazing £403 from the donations for passenger laps - thanks to everyone for donating, and thanks to everyone for taking passengers out. This money will be split between Luekaemia research, and childood diabetes research, which were our chosen charities for todays event.

I'd also like to thank everyone from Town and County, for making the day that extra bit special, for putting on the 4x4 cars for everyone to try, for bringing on a fine selection of cars for people to view, and especially for making two people very happy indeed by offering passenger rides in Gary Adam's amazing WRC Impreza .

Final mention to all the guys in the show and shine, for putting on a very impressive display, and many congratulations to the winners - your trophies/medals will get posted out to you, once I get them back from the engravers.

Please note, that there is a similar track event next Sunday (21st) from 1pm to 6pm, and to book track time, contact Town and County in Perth.

Roll on the next one.

John
Old 13 September 2003, 06:55 PM
HI SOOB
Scooby Regular

Got to agree. Great day today,even if it was just spectating.
some good battles between a bugeye STI and the P1.
Great driving by the M5 owner. Not scared to throw it about.
Also saw the Boxter racing with himself in the paddock.
No comment

HI SOOB
Old 13 September 2003, 07:05 PM
Numptie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Excellent day - thanks John !

Some of the above is negative. As soon as I get time, I'll post up an 'impressions' message which, I assure you, will be a whole lot more positive !

[Edited by Numptie - 9/15/2003 11:11:49 AM]
Old 13 September 2003, 07:25 PM
Scoty
Scooby Regular

Talking

A huge thats to all the organisers for making it the day it was
Great day out, good to meet everyone again
I was listening to a conversation that one of the guys from Caders was having and he was saying that one of the pipes from the turbo kept blowing off. He had tried loads of different clips but none had worked so far.
Someone asked him what gearing he was using on the car, and he said he had just fitted UK running gear after trying RA gearing which he found too short
He also said it had over 500bhp and I think that was before the NOS was used.
Glad to here that then, that means mines should be fine for a pidly puberty 400bhp

I'm glad Dougie and Diana were at the head of the pack leading up to Knockhill so they could shoooo a big black cow that was on the grass onto the road in front of me

Just a though, might be best to edit all the number plates?
Old 13 September 2003, 07:28 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

here, here
Old 13 September 2003, 07:29 PM
Corpulent Tosser
Scooby Regular

Talking

Enjoy your beef olives Numptie !

Thanks to veryone involved for a great day, I don't want to be negative, but I am not sure about the passing both sides, I was involved in two potential incidents which thankfully didn't end in tears, maybe we just need time to get used to it or perhaps I am thinking too much about 'what might have happened' instead of the fact that nothing bad did happen.

Anyway I had a great time, thanks again
Old 13 September 2003, 07:32 PM
Judge
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Lightning101: Thanks for the comments about my driving I was trying too apply as much right Nike as poss, so much appreciated mate! Re the Boxster comments PMSL!

OpelCorsa: That is just insane mate! If I had seen that I would have complained myself.

Numptie: Couldn't agree more,It must be the same guy.Complete CANT!

Too everyone else I spoke to,I had a great day and thanks for all the advise I got and new friends made!
Old 13 September 2003, 07:36 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Talking

Sorry about the number plates not being edited, but as most usernames are the same as the reg no.s and the only people in scotland reading this were there today didn't think anyone would mind. Even enjoyed the convoy going through - peoples faces at the sight of all the amazing cars at 7.20am, must have thought they were still in bed dreaming. That white transit van showed us a clean pair of heals though - took hime about a mile to do LOL. Nice to meet all the guys at the shell garage in dundee this morning - and thanks for introducing yourselves, got worried at 7am when only 4 cars though.
Old 13 September 2003, 07:41 PM
Dougster
Scooby Regular

Brilliant day and good to see all, new and old.

Pleny of laps and overtaking seemed to be fine with the drivers I talked with.

Most fun was had with a few laps in the classic Lotus Elan in the drying line. Cheers m8

P.S. Is the guy looking into the bay of the red WRX just pleased or does he have a spanner in his pocket?
Old 13 September 2003, 07:49 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Whens the next one ?

I'm bringing - helicopter with film crew
- Skyline GTR 35 1200BHP
with Porsche Boxster Bug Killer instead of NOS
- free champagne for everyone and limos home for
everyone and cars transported back as well.
- Buffet by Gordon Ramsay.

But only if I win the lottery tonight (start prayin')
Old 13 September 2003, 08:32 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

All scoobynet members reg's are now illegal.

After all i'm doing for you lot - re latest post on this site.

if anyone has any further comments (negative) phone 1-800KISSMYASS
Old 13 September 2003, 08:43 PM
ColinM
Scooby Regular

Good day after the track dried out, a bit too scary in the beast (M5) when it was wet. I guess I should have changed my warped discs before the event but I didn't want to accidently trash a new set.
Good driving as usual for a SIDC track day, only one exception was the silver Exige which overtook under braking a STI (that I was in the passenger seat of) while going into the hairpin and then spun off immediately afterward. An appropriate hand signal was used which was penalty enough

If anyone got a pic of my M5 at the hairpin with tail out please email me.
colin - maxwell @ blueyonder.co.uk(without the spaces)

Old 13 September 2003, 09:06 PM
sandycam
Scooby Regular

Wink

Got have a dozen pics of your m5 in various sideways moments and even one where you cheekily put your indicator on while catching a slide I'll send them to you tomorrow as there at my folks house, also got a wee bit of low quality video (dads 8mm camcorder) if your interested as well possibly, cheers scott.
Old 13 September 2003, 09:15 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Cool

BIG thanx to everyone who attended today.

Good turnout for most of the meet points (see we can do it when we try) Excellent drive through. Had my young lad with me today, he did the videoing of the driveby`s after we setoff from the Dundee meet point. So once i`ve figured the camera software I`ll get them on-line.

Big Thanks to everyone who helped put today together and with the running (as John say`s "you know who you are" )
A special thanks to Russ "mako" and the staff from Town & County who did a great job of laying on most of the off track events.

From the attendance figures & feedback we`ve had so far we are going to seriously consider making this an annual event. It was good to see so many new faces as well as the regulars at one place at the same time. As we said the event is what you (the attendees) make of it yourselves and you made a great day of it and the designated charities have benifited as well. Thanks to everyone who donated. We`ll see if we can book some good weather for next years event and as there`ll be more time to arrange it we`ll see about making it an even bigger one

Next weekend Town & County are holding their second Subaru spectacular. So anyone who missed today at Knockhill and all those of you who still have "the need for speed" mosey on over for another day of top drawer Subaru phun including track action
Lets show them the support they gave us today peebs.

Thanks to all.

Pete

(got some pix n vid etc to edit, I`ll stick them on the site once they are done)

[Edited by teknopete - 9/13/2003 9:22:11 PM]
Old 13 September 2003, 09:42 PM
ANDYUK300
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

BIG THUMBS UP!!!!! HAD A GREAT DAY. WATCHING BOXSTER GOING ROUND, I THOUGHT STEVIE WONDER WAS DRIVING. NOT GOOD
MANY THANX 2 DRB5 FOR FOLLOWING ME INTO ASDA IN DUMBARTON YESTERDAY TO TELL ME ABOUT 2DAY, CHEERS M8Y. C U AGAIN SOON WHEN I'M BACK UP FROM DOWN SOUTH.

Quick Reply: SIDC Track day @ Knockhill ----> post event comments