Notices

FAO: Aberdeen people

Search this Thread

Old 28 August 2003, 11:50 AM
JohnS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

It's that time of the year when anyone with kids of school age come home with the Spree books to sell.

If you don't know what these are, they are essentially a book filled with hundreds of money off vouchers, mostly from places to eat and drink around the Aberdeen area. Virtually all the best restaurants in town, plus take-aways, etc. are covered, mostly through a buy one, get one free scheme, where two people eat for the price of one.

Also included are dozens of leisure activities, mostly golf courses, where again one person plays free when accompanied by one paying person, but there is at least one complimentary 5 day membership at a sport club which you don't need to pay any more to enjoy the benefits

There are also lots of shops selling clothes and beauty treatments, where for example you'll get £10 if spending more than £40, or simply 20% any purchase at a jewllers or florist.

Best of all, up to £10 from the proceeds of each book sale goes to the school or nursery, for them to help improve facilities etc., so as well as making massive savings for youself, you are also helping out the local community.

The books cost a mere £22 each, the cost of which you'll easy recover after say a round of golf, or a couple of meals/lunches out.

More details at http://www.spreebook.com/aberdeen/aberdeen.htm

If you would like to buy one, then please give me a shout. I'll take my copy along to the meeting at the Old Mill Inn on Tuesday evening for you to have a look at as well.

Cheers

John
Old 28 August 2003, 12:15 PM
sarahbee
Scooby Regular

John

Can we buy them from you or on the internet??
Old 28 August 2003, 12:16 PM
Zeolite
Scooby Regular

What meeting are you talking about John?
Old 28 August 2003, 12:31 PM
SG
Scooby Regular

Cool

First Tuesday of the month Meet.
Old 28 August 2003, 01:33 PM
JohnS

Talking

You can buy them directly from the Internet at the same price, but if you order from me, then a large proportion of the proceeds will go to the PTA of my sons' school/nursery

We hold a meeting in Aberdeen on the first Tuesday of every month at the Old Mill Inn from 7:30pm onwards. All welcome

John