Notices

Knockhill today

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2003, 09:58 PM
sambo sei
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

had a good day, was only there for the 1st two hours but thanks to the geordie bloke (sorry mate didn't catch your name) in the silver scoob for takin me out for a few pax laps, and cheers to foz (i think it is) in the black CTR for saying u would take me out, i had to leave early tho so i never got a shot cheers anyway dude also good to see more scoobs this time

anything exciting happen in the last 2 hours? whats everybody elses thoughts on the day?

cheers, sambo
Old 26 July 2003, 11:25 PM
Spooks
Scooby Regular

Had a good day out too, first time at a SIDC event.
Rainy track made it fun at the hairpin into the main straight.
Wish I knew a few folks so I could have asked for a PAX lap, maybe next time.
Got some good pics, will edit em and try to post em here.
Laters
Spooks
Old 26 July 2003, 11:47 PM
skyenet
Scooby Regular

Had a great time, yet again, today. Great to see an improved Subaru turnout on track. Sometimes I couldn't spot another Elise and often found myself surrounded by Subarus, so used to it usually being the other way around.

Hopefully I managed to get quite a few folk on video during the day. Only had time for a quick check of the video and I think the new viewpoint I used today worked well (about 6 inches behind the front wheel). It managed to catch my smoking tyres as I spun at the chicane. Never spun there before and I managed two there today, sorry if my car facing the wrong way round gave anyone a nasty surprise as they flew over the chicane. The last spin was only a few minutes from the end and as I was heading backwards I suddenly remembered that I hadn't phoned through to my insurance company for track insurance (included with my insurance, as long as you tell them)

I though the track ettique today was fantastic. Didn't seem to be any problems with slower cars getting out of the way of faster. Thanks to anybody that lifted off the throttle to let me by. Good to see quite a few newbies on track as well. The sticker system works well I think.

All in all a great day, good turnout, good driving standards, good mix of cars, good weather, good company and hopefully some good video footage as well. Thanks to JohnS to yet another succesful event. Hopefully will get some stills from the video footage and get them uploaded in the next day or so.

Iain
Old 27 July 2003, 12:21 AM
sambo sei
Scooby Regular

The sticker system works well I think
i preffered the purpple tvr's method with the green L-plates
Old 27 July 2003, 12:46 AM
skyenet
Scooby Regular

I had a RED "L" on my First SIDC track night which worked well, but now I just have a "Child Onboard" plate :-)
Old 27 July 2003, 12:56 AM
sambo sei
Scooby Regular

well if i go out on the strathy nite i'll be sure to bring along my 1 remaining L-plate
Old 27 July 2003, 10:04 AM
Carl Davey
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Yes, have to agree with all of the above, a superb day, i enjoyed myself thoroughly. Was my first time at such an event and was delighted to get some pax laps, thanks Tino.

I think next time i shall either take my spare wheels with me or finish off the Toyos.

Some pictures...

Old 27 July 2003, 11:52 AM
Corpulent Tosser
Scooby Regular

Spooks

Not knowing people should not put you off approaching them, if they have a pax laps welcome sticker they are approachable.

I took out two guys I had never met before and they seemed to enjoy themselves, but most of the time I was out myself so you could have had some laps with me.

Nice pics Carl - you didn't get any of a black STi did you ?

[Edited by Corpulent Tosser - 7/27/2003 11:54:27 AM]
Old 27 July 2003, 12:15 PM
Carl Davey
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

CT, i did get one picture of your car but unfortunately (as with soo many other pics on the day) it was a terrible shot... I have tried to find the shot but i think in the end it was deleted to make way for more pictures, i really could have used a larger memory stick yesterday.

I will see if i can do a bit better next time!
Old 27 July 2003, 12:38 PM
foz01
Scooby Regular

Nice pics, the ctr looks as if it goes round corners ok there, in the wet it was an understeering barge, the state of the fron tyres probably wasnt great

Has made me decide that i need to sort a dedicated track car! after getting a spin in a caterham and the Radical they redefine cornering speed, the radical was immense

Something with the CTR engine that weighs alot less is on the cards

Cheers

foz
Old 27 July 2003, 01:06 PM
IanJ
Scooby Regular

How do the radical lap times compare with the mighty Scoobs??

Ian
Old 27 July 2003, 01:27 PM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Carl,

Some great work there; well done and thanks for posting them up. We have just enjoyed many laughs looking at them The second picture from the top is my wife out on the track on her own, leading the pack as well Her first time at KH and she did a few laps with the instructor and never looked back :ccol: The instructor said a female "novice" has never driven him so fast and so well. That made her day and gave her the confidence to go and mix it with the boys out on track. Big thanks to Martin for taking Arlene out for some fast laps; She had fun and didn’t think an Sti8 could go so well

PaulM (P1) and I did our best to entertain you boys at the hairpin, especially when the rain came on. Full marks to the staff at KH for letting us play so hard. Had a great day and you have posted pictures of both my boys on their passenger laps. Finlay (6)is in the white helmet and Sinclair (8) is in the black helmet 3rd picture form last.

Took a few out for passenger laps, but wish I could have taken more. Sorry I did not get around to meeting as many as I would have liked, especially the Abz group, but time was flying by almost like a Sti7 and a P1. I’ve been told to apologise for buzzing the pit wall so much. Arlene said it was kind of weird having a car passing at over a ton within arms reach, so sorry

Your last picture sums up the day for me; Sti7 and P1 going at hammer and tong BIG thanks to JohnS for putting it all together.

Jools, Arlene & boys in the STi7 (***ARL) Seems KH will be a family day out in my house from now on

PS; Where was the Radical hiding when it was raining I could have done with unlapping myself a few times

Old 27 July 2003, 02:13 PM
PNM_SCO
Scooby Regular

All...

The best ever track day for me..not saying it had anything to do with first time Jools and i been on the track together...but as he said many thanks to KH staff for letting us push it to the limits (and beyond on the final lap at the checane when I decided to go for broke and outbrake jools only to discover..I didnt have any brakes....well done jools for not turning in on me)

Cheers john another very well organised and fun day, just a shame the westfield didn't play ball...next time

P1 Paul
Old 27 July 2003, 02:23 PM
sambo sei
Scooby Regular

jools, great sounding and looking car u got urself there, was gonna try and blag a cheeky pax lap but had to leave before i got a chance to speak to u.

anybody know what kind of engine was powering the wee caterham with reg R5 ***? it was ear splitting loud! :O

corpulent tosser - 1 of the ppl u took out was 1 of my mates, his 1st time round the track and he certainly enjoyed it

[Edited by sambo sei - 7/27/2003 2:24:37 PM]
Old 27 July 2003, 03:22 PM
Corpulent Tosser
Scooby Regular

I'm glad your mate enjoyed it sambo sei, that is what the day is all about.

Anyone is free to have some laps with me, if they don't mind being passenger to a Tosser

Old 27 July 2003, 03:35 PM
Numptie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Aye, as the others say, great day - cheers John.

Wish I knew a few folks so I could have asked for a PAX lap, maybe next time.
Spooks - as CT says, you don't have to know folks. Anyone with a welcome sticker will delighted to take anyone out. It might not be immediate but they'll look for you when they're ready and / or they've got an empty passenger seat.

BTW - I took a fella called Derek (Pentlander ?) out and I think a mate of his was loking for a hurl too. I did have a look for him but didn't spot him. I hope he got sorted with someone else. If not, I hope he comes on 13/09/03 and gives me a shout.

Cheers,

N
Old 27 July 2003, 06:10 PM
tut
Scooby Regular

Jools

I could tell when Arlene was driving........

She was more difficult to pass(BG)

tut
Old 27 July 2003, 08:03 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

thats ally's radical aint it, what did he tow it with his evo extreme s or his gt3 porker
Old 27 July 2003, 09:03 PM
Spooks
Scooby Regular

and some more

Oh and a wee movie too, sorry about the quality but its from my digicam
Laters
Spooks

[Edited by Spooks - 7/27/2003 9:21:47 PM]
Old 27 July 2003, 09:47 PM
Dougster
Scooby Regular

Were both the fast Caterhams R400s? If so 1.8 K-series Rover engines with 200bhp and 359bhp/ton in standard trim!

The SR3 was either tracksport 1300cc 366bhp/ton or supersport with 1500cc and 442per ton!!!!

They are all lucky my wagon wasn't out!!
Old 27 July 2003, 11:24 PM
Carl Davey
Scooby Regular

Smile

Glad the pictures have gone down well, i gathered it was Arlenes first time on track so was happy to take a quick snap, i know i'd like it if someone did the same for me. Myself and Emma had great fun watching watching a certain STi7 and a certain P1 chase each other around the circuit, particularly in the wet at the hairpin. Thanks also to Tut for the crowd pleasing antics.

Spooks, glad to see that someone got some decent pics at Duffus, i didn't get over there till towards the end of the session and things had gone a bit quiet. Excellent high quality pictures though.
Old 28 July 2003, 12:21 AM
tut
Scooby Regular

The dayglow was a Superlight R400 and the yellow an R500.

tut
Old 28 July 2003, 08:44 AM
Johnny50
Scooby Regular

Mornin all.

Yep. Great day out, some great battles out there on saturday.

Tut,

Sorry i never came back to see you, ended up leaving kinda early i'm afraid.

Johnny
Old 28 July 2003, 10:13 AM
RS2 JIM
Scooby Regular

Hi all!

Just wanted to say what a great day it was on sat. When John told me there were some spare track passes i was so annoyed i had'nt taken the extra time to raise the rear suspension (scuffs on the tighter corners at speed) so wasn't able to play on track. However, i was taken out a few times and shown the way to handle KH on a nice day. Thanks to Foz for the pax laps in the civic.......wow! That wee thing loves to rev! Very good to see it used in anger!
Thanks also to Skynet who took me out in his elise. Some good quick laps there. I also bought the video from him and can highly reccomend it to anyone wanting to know the track at either KH or Kames. Also some great footage of the TT circuit and some lovely Lecht road driving too (i'm a regular driver on that road so was picturing how i drive it!).

Anyway, i'll have the car prepered for track use by the next SIDC day!

See you all there!

James
Old 28 July 2003, 10:40 AM
tut
Scooby Regular

Johnny

I was looking for you to take you out, but could not find you. Not sure if you would have enjoyed the 1080deg spin at McIntyres or not(BG)

Hope you managed to get some laps in though. I would not have been able to let you take the car out unfortunately, as the rear tyres were completely bald,no Maxsports in stock at the moment, and even with four years of practice, I was all over the place in the wet.

However I will be there for Septembers, and hopefully you will have your own car on then as well.

tut
Old 28 July 2003, 11:30 AM
Johnny50
Scooby Regular

Thanks Tut.

I'm sure the spin would've added to the excitement of a run in the car.

I was floating around a fair bit, went to watch from Duffus and then down at the hairpin, so thats probably when you were looking for me.

No worries about not driving the car, with the good standard of driving out there on saturday, it was just as entertaining to be a spectator.

I'm now on a mission to get the car ready for the next meeting.

Cheers

Johnny.
Old 28 July 2003, 12:09 PM
Adam Kindness
Scooby Regular

i popped along.... but was a bit under the weather and late showing up....

Woken up by Lowell (foz) ' far are ye min' doh!

That radical fairly shifts - i want

Hopefully the wee buckets engie will be rebuild for next time