Notices

Probably the most annoying stretch of road in scotland...

Search this Thread

Old 25 July 2003, 08:10 AM
pjmc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being a friday i set off to do the 160mile round trip to work this morning in quite a happy mood... soon to be put into a not so happy mood by some **** in a white van (of course).As most ppl from ayrshire will know, the notorious A77 is being upgraded and at the Floak junction it has been reduced down to 1 lane for years and just recently the merge has been pulled further south for a works access road, it is not unusual (to quote Tom Jones) to get ppl shoving in at the merge but this morning i was sitting behind a lorry who had sat in the middle of the road to put off potential nose cutter-offers..(?) and a pick-up when this said van came right up beside me when i was after the 200m sign and started to push in..normally i just say 'ah fek it and let them in but the van behind me was up my ars3 so i couldnt drop back and this git who wasnt giving a toss cos he wouldnt have to pay to get his company van fixed was inches off my mirror...needles to say after a lot of gesturing and horn and lights my feet gave in to sense though my fists and temper wanted to trip the light fandango with his head..and i slowed to let this tosser who was on the chicanes pull in ....i am now calm but if in the event that he had hit my car with his van where or what would be the legal standings...?

(rant over..!)
Old 25 July 2003, 11:34 AM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You would need to try and procure witness's to his driving tactics in the event of an incident, but on that stretch of road which i know well, by the time you've stopped and confronted the offender, you will find most potential witness's either don't want to get involved or have their own agendas (i.e. trying to get to work..), so will be unwilling to spend the time with you giving details to aid your case.

Alan