Notices

McBigOne

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2003, 08:28 PM
Dougster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can we please have someone to take control of this, as it is going off on threads all over the shop!!

teknopete and drb5 have done a great job of getting interests up but I feel someone should take it on board and run with it.

John(lordharding) ran with the NBO organisation with excellent assistance from others.

I wouldn't bother adding names(although I did with my preference) 'till we have a date and a venue sorted.

Just adding my bit as I would love this to come off and would be happy to help anyone in the organisation, as will be others.
Old 20 July 2003, 12:56 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Cool

Doug ya smooth talkin git

OK what I`m gonna suggest is DRB and I liase and get it together between us. From arranging past events I know how much hassle arranging a relatively small 20 - 30 car event can be so Ideally
if i`m involved in the arranging of this potentially larger event I`d like to see at least one other person involved in the organising who I`d have to say at this moment in time would be drb5. As the event draws closer we may need further "hands to the pump" but for now 2 would suffice IMHO.
In order to aviod bulk posting on snet we will email between us before posting new relating to the "Mac Big 1"
Also all existing threads will be condensed into one.

How`s that ? "suits u sir"

Pete
Old 20 July 2003, 01:00 PM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Sounds good, but leave the Attendee one seperate as it will be impossible to read this otherwise

Post links on the others then get them locked to stop it getting out of hand

[Edited by CharlieWhiskey - 7/20/2003 1:00:30 PM]
Old 20 July 2003, 01:05 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Yeah makes sense what u r sayin there Charlie

Pete
Old 20 July 2003, 07:29 PM
Ninnybobs
Scooby Regular

Technopete,
You are exactly right in what you are saying. You definately need two main people to organise an event like this.
Lord Harding and myself worked the NBO between us and it worked well, Try to avoid to 'many fingers' in the main part of the organisation.
Pointless starting an 'I'll be there' list until you have a definate date and venue.
Then it may be an idea to let one person 'whip up' enthusiasm whilst the other gets on with the other side of the organising.
If you a going for an event similar to the NBO you will have to get your dealers sorted out as quickly as possible. (after the venue is sorted)
Make contact with the press to advertise it (Jap performance and Banzie).
By then momentum will take you forward at such a pace it will take over your life.(No exageration)
Good luck.
If we can offer any advice, please contact John or myself.

Martin
Old 20 July 2003, 08:08 PM
JohnS

Lightbulb

I'm more than happy to help out with the sorting out.

Why don't we all get together at KH on Saturday morning to discuss a few things (I can speak faster than I can type ).

There's a fair bit of thigns that need to be considered, and I reckon we'll need about 4 - 6 people helping out, with a couple of main co-ordinators. I'll vote for Dougster and Teknopete to act as the main people

Agreed that there's little point in posting up lists of who is coming until there's a date and venue sorted out.

John
Old 20 July 2003, 09:20 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Smile

well i seem to be gettin everyone goin no bad so far and i don't mind touring around the continent a bit to get some more people interested. can't get venue dealt with though as i know no-one! just happy to do something and make it work!

Trending Topics

Old 20 July 2003, 11:49 PM
Dougster
Scooby Regular

Still going off all over the shop!!

Pete, legwork!

This was talked about at the EBH meet a couple of weeks ago and then drb5 posted spookily a similar idea.

I will happily help, and even start an 'Official' Thread. FFS we can't evem decide on a name never mind a bloody venue or date.

Look up your phone book and find out how many 'MacBs' you find!!

We will also need a traslator program patched into SNet if Pete is running the show!!