Notices

WR Blue STi outside Aberdeen Ottakars for Harry Potter?

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2003, 07:03 PM
MikesWagon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was me wearing the Subaru cap in the queue when you parked up right outside about 12:30 - how jealous was I? I was going to wait for you to come back to your car, but didn't want to worry your wife, and I didn't like standing there sober with all the neds about.

My wife (Scoobyloobylou) reserved the book, she's about 1/3rd of the way through already.

Mike.
Old 22 June 2003, 09:09 PM
wooosh
Scooby Regular

Did you see the boy running by ottakers singing "Harry potter, Harry potter" just b4 twelve. I was laughing my t1ts off at him??
Old 22 June 2003, 11:16 PM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Talking

And what do they say about it being a small world? We were at a family celebration for my wife’s cousin, who is a Royal Marine and just back from Iraq. The point being I jumped out the car on double yellows...and said if you get any bother from the feds just drive round the block...and then remembered that’s why I was the one driving; cause she was the one that was drinking

Like you, I was not happy with the neds either and damn glad I had a fast car to get to heck out of town. Young KP went past me as well and called me on the mobile and asked hey what’s your car doing parked outside the Harry Potter book shop; cause I’m in it came the reply

Anyhow, glad to report young Sinclair Coghill was well impressed with his latest Harry Potter book on the Sat morning and is already making progress into the 700 odd pages.

Jools
Old 23 June 2003, 07:47 AM
MikesWagon
Scooby Regular

Wooosh:

there was a guy running down the other side shouting "Harry Potter's deed" - thinks... nae point standing here then

Jools:

thanks for the reply. If my spies are correct, you ken my father in law, Ian Lovie.

KP as in Keith? What's he driving these days, I've lost touch since selling the scoob.

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 23 June 2003, 09:43 AM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Mike,
Now I've got you. Met you up at Alford a few times. Ian Lovie...one of the best men I have ever worked with. What a star, as down to earth as they come and as dry as the desert, but he used to have me in bits all the time. Funny funny man and one of the best teachers you could wish to have offshore. That old cliché; "he’s forgotten more than you know" was written for folk like Lovie.

Regarding Young Keith, he is driving what must be his fifth or sixth Scooby; and none other than a 22B. Fine looking car and damn quick too...

Take care
Jools