Notices

Toyota Celica - Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2003, 12:48 PM
RA Jaay
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its been a while since ive posted on here, due to the fact that I have no scoob anymore Ive been missing it like hell and I need a Turbo'd car back. Im driving an Audi Coupe jsut now but its up for sale and I want a Toyota Celica GT-4 (ST185)or (ST185RC). Seeing as we are all enthusiasts here and most of you probably know other heads with other performance cars I just thought Id put the the word out in the hope I can get one. Im not to into going all the way to England but I will travel anywhere in Scotland to view one.
If anyone sees or hears of the above mentioned car please let me know, either by post or my e-mail as per profile.
Thanks
Jaay
Old 05 June 2003, 09:46 AM
jamesie
Scooby Newbie

Jaay,
Been passed this thread from a mate. I've got a black ST185-A for sale - spec:

GT4-A is the TRD special edition, japan only
Wide body - met black - couple of areas with the lacquer lifted - bonnet air intake & roof. Like that when I bought it. RC front bumper.
Suspension - 2 1'4" coilover adjustables F&R. Front top mounts are camber adjustable. Makes a big difference to the handling!
Drivetrain - adjustable boost (apparently - never played with it); Blitz exhaust; dump valve; quickshift lever; mechanical centre diff. Reputed to be better than the RC / Carlos Sainz viscous diff which causes understeer everywhere.
Brakes - grooved discs, Greenstuff pads at front.
Wheels - 17"x8" Momo Imola 5 spokes, Avon ZZ3's I think. Good tread all round.
Interior - standard, Momo wheel and gearknob. JVC CD, 10 speaker system. Some scratches to plastics.
Mileage - about 144,000km / 90,000 miles. No service history (no logbook provided at sale) but some receipts. Cambelt change at 98,000 km.

I bought the car with the paint and plastics in this condition because although there are cars out there in better condition, they don't handle or feel like this one. And if I ever felt compelled to tidy it up I could. If you want a performance ST185 this is a good one - if you want something standard or near-standard, it aint. Done 1 trackday, oil change immediately after. Then took me to Munich and back without a hitch.

It's just back from the garage having had a new front wheel bearing and drive flange fitted. I was planning to get a years ticket on it before putting up for sale, but feel free to have a look sooner.

I'm looking for £3500 ovno.

Car can be viewed in Ayrshire, Blantyre / Hamilton or Carluke. I can email a pic, let me know if interested and where to send.
Old 05 June 2003, 10:44 PM
scooby.
Scooby Newbie

my mate has a nice celica he may sell. its a red gt4 really clean, only mod is new 17 inch wheels with look good. body work unmarked. turbo timer and new clutch. quite low miles as well.
phone Andy on 07740642517 and say Iain gave you the number.
he stays in Edinburgh.
Old 06 June 2003, 01:52 PM
RA Jaay
Scooby Regular

Thanks Peeps for that, keep em coming though, the more the merrier. And now that im going for the a Celica and info is a bit sparce on the net, if anyone has any tips or hints it woulod be well received.

Ta boys

Jaay

[Edited by RA Jaay - 6/6/2003 6:04:45 PM]