Notices

The Inverurie Gang are Proud to Announce.......

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2003, 05:15 PM
Keithp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

That our very own Brian (BKS) won Subaru of the day at the RS Show yesterday which was held at the Old Mill Inn.

Jools and I heard today from an official RS insider, that the decision to award Brian first place was due to his outstanding polishing of the inside of his tail pipe! The organisers have never seen anything like it before and not only was Brian straight in at the top but has also received a life time membership to the RS Club!

Well done BKS!
Old 06 May 2003, 06:16 PM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Talking

Well done BKS, proud to have been parked along side you my friend

You have taken cleaning tail pipes to a new level and even managed to impress the RS boys. Mind you, we have to consider that the tail pipes are really the only view that the RS boys get to see on these Scoobys so they would have little choice but be impressed with you polished pipe!!! However in saying that, we were parked up for several hours, so they would have been able to get up close up for a good look around; not something they can manage while we are mobile

"Tongue in cheek mode off"

Was great to see so many truly great cars there. My car of the day would have been the white MK I RS2000, but there were so many great cars to see, really enjoyed it. Not forgetting some great looking cars in the car parks as well. And doesn’t the new Focus look well.

I hope JohnS will pass on our thanks to Ricky & co for inviting us along and taking good care of us on the day. Met some good people from all over the country, who really enjoyed been able to sit in and try out our cars on the Scooby stand. The amount of folk that were surprised as they peered in through the drivers window, when I said to them; "The car is open, take a seat and see what you think" I think we did attract a fair bit of attention, especially when we tried to get KP’s flamer fit to perform.

Jools & co.

PS; I have asked Karen to make sure you don’t start getting the wheels off in the garage and start cleaning the tyre treads with a nail brush. I have also asked her to make sure it is only the tail pipe you are polishing when you’re out there on your own

Old 06 May 2003, 06:23 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Thumbs up

congrats mate
Old 06 May 2003, 10:57 PM
Rob D
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Well done Brian
Saying that I'm sure I would have won it if it wasn't for BKS shoving 2 tins of Iron Bru up my tailpipe!!!

I would also like to pass on our thanks to the RS owners club for putting up with us.

More importantly thanks for Cafe Continental for getting rid of the girls, oops did I say that

Rob.

Old 06 May 2003, 10:58 PM
Carl Davey
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Well done Brian.

Here's 1/3rd of your car on the day. (note, polished pipe out of shot )

On the topic of folks from all over the country being there i nearly swallowed my tounge when i saw this...

That's all the pictures now, honest...
Old 07 May 2003, 04:50 AM
BKS 6
Scooby Regular

After hours of polishing (not)
Old 07 May 2003, 10:30 PM
Ken Ross
Scooby Regular

The pipe in question

Old 08 May 2003, 12:00 AM
BKS 6
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the pics Ken & a lovely looking Rik-spout it is Just gave it a quick T-cut and Skin o polish today but came out of Jools and Co to find it all covered in rain Thanks also to Ricky &co and rs club for the invite but even more to Jimmy Chung at Stoneywood for my five starters two main meals and three sweets for supper and to Mrs Coghill for letting me teach Sinc & Fin how to get value for money when out for supper

PS Thanks to Davie fae PPS for your advice on how to keep my car tip-top and am sure you will advise me how to claim my winings and to Rob D sorry but i had to make sure i won and irn bru tins were all i had at hand

Thanks again Brian (not at work tonight)
Old 11 May 2003, 09:00 AM
The Saint
Scooby Regular

That's an awesome pipe you have there, you deserve a frigging medal mate.

Makes my smoky black hole look very sad, what do you use to clean it? <no jokes Jools>

Saint
Old 11 May 2003, 10:24 AM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Talking

Saint...