Notices

Optimax in Ayr,Girvan etc

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2003, 06:59 PM
PaulC555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi All, Live in Scotland now but heading back home to Belfast to see the folks next weekend, just read a thread on the NI section that Optimax is unavailable over there...so need to fill up before we get the boat....frowned upon I know but needs must and all that.. Anybody local to Ayr Girvan etc...can I get some juicy Optimax in any of these places....not many Shell sites in Cairnryan I presume.....
Old 20 April 2003, 07:23 PM
Rab
Scooby Regular

OK then, You can get it in maybole and there is one garage in ayr that sells it (prestwick road opposite Honda garage). Be wary though - both garages tend to run out Tuesday night / Wednesday morning, they get deliveries wed afternoon. Not too sure if there are any garages further down
Old 21 April 2003, 12:25 PM
GordonShek
Scooby Regular

Rab

I'm sorry but I'll have to disagree with you about Optimax running out/running low at the garage on Prestwick Road on Tuesday nights.

My in-law runs that petrol station and he makes sure that there's always plenty of Optimax, as he says that Optimax is getting more and more popular by the day. And as a business man he cannot afford to run out of any type of petrol or shop goods for that matter. So he pre-orders all his supplies well in advance and the only time he ran out ran of petrol was during the petrol strike and even then he reserved enough to run the entire fleet of emergency services in and around Ayr/Prestwick area for a while.

Besides, he knows my P1 runs only on Optimax and would get a bollocking from his daughter if he did make a mistake and ran out of the stuff.

Paul

There's also the Esso garage on Whitletts Road (near Tescos) in Ayr which has Super Unleaded.

Hope this helps, Cheers

Gordon Shek
Old 21 April 2003, 01:59 PM
JasonO
Scooby Regular

Not forgetting the BP at Monkton Services which sells lurvely SUL.
Old 21 April 2003, 04:22 PM
Rab
Scooby Regular

Sorry of i have upset you Gordon, Just that i was down at the tail end of last year and 2 of the 3 times no optimax at Maybole or Ayr. This was the explanation the garage gave me. However they were planing on changing a diesel tank to optimax, dont know if this has been done yet.
Old 21 April 2003, 05:46 PM
PaulC555
Scooby Regular

Smile

Thanks for all the help guys..... should make the trip run smoothly....I hope.....
Old 22 April 2003, 12:34 AM
GordonShek
Scooby Regular

Rab

You didn't upset me, just thought I would correct a few things. They have converted a diesel tank to Optimax now mainly due to demand. Can't say much for the maybole one though cause I don't venture out that far .

But still, so long as someone/somewhere who sells Optimax around my area, I'm happy.