Notices

Gatso's up to Aviemore

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2003, 06:42 PM
chrisyd
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Could anybody shout me out a list of where those wallet robbing flashers are positioned on the way up to Aviemore from Cumbernauld, last time me mate got flashed twice on the way up, difficult to see them with the huge amount of salt that gets thrown up on the window.

Of course i wont be breaking the law, just curious as to where they are !!!
Old 08 January 2003, 06:50 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Gatsos are'nt the problem m8. The unmarked camera van always seems to be on that road. White - usually parked with its back to the road. Often between Dalwhinnie & Pitlochry.
Alas
Old 08 January 2003, 07:10 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Off the top of my head:

Until you get to Perth they are sited fairly sensibly in that they are all around junctions (within 1/2 mile anway), so drive sensibly and you should be OK. Although there is one after a left hand bend which becomes an issue if you are not paying attention.

North of Perth:
Just after it goes to single carrageway the road goes round to the right then left, just after the left (I've almost been done by this one)
Long straight after an open twisty section, so your first chance to overtake for a while. The camera is at the far end.
Fast stretch of dual carrageway comes to an end just after a left bend, road dips down and back up with a very small overtaking section (rest is chevron'd) there is a camera at the far end before the right hander. When heading south it is hidden behind the large sign.
After that you are OK for a while IIRC. You will then come to a new 50 section there are 3-4 cameras in there so stick to 50.
I think it is all clear after that.

If you are around Glasgow any evening give me a shout, you can borrow my radar detector.
Old 08 January 2003, 08:20 PM
chrisyd
Scooby Regular

Wink

Nice one Robertio, might take you up on that offer if you dont mind, i'm in the toon each day. waiting to see how much snow falls before i head to the slopes so i'll give ya a shout later

cheers