Notices

18" Alloys and PPP at last...

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2002, 05:35 PM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Prodrive 7 Spoke Alloys with the new Goodyear Rubber will be fitted Tuesday afternoon and first thing Wednesday the car will be into Town and County, ABZ for the long awaited PPP. I will get back to ABZ on Wed afternoon and will have two weeks to play, so can't all be bad. Thanks to the team at T&C.

Got the Tyres from Black Circles (through the SIDC) and what a deal them boys do. The tyres I wanted are the new Goodyear Eagle F1 (GSD3, I think they are called) and I was only £115 each, including vat & fitting...at my local dealer. I used to pay nearly this much for 17" Toyo's. Big shout to John S for putting this package together for the club.

Right now I intend putting the PPP on the car as intended, but want to do some trials with my Magnex rear section (and maybe Rob D's Scoobysport system as well) on a rolling road to gather some useful data. Anyone got some ideas who will help me out with the rolling road bit, cost etc?

John S: Told A that you are on holiday next week and she was delighted with the thoughts that you would take the car to have the PPP fitted on the Wed and then pick me up after you have road tested the car. Said she is fed up coming to Airports to pick me up anyway! Also said you could have the alloys fitted on Tuesday afternoon as well, if you wanted. Seems she wants as little to do with them as possible...but that's another story! My Wife and 18" alloys haven't mixed too well in the past.

All I need now is the Prodrive springs.
Jools
Old 11 October 2002, 07:21 PM
Rob D
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Jools,

Excellent news mate
You must of had a "nice" chat with T&C
Be interesting to see a comparison once I get back, be good to get rr figures as well.

Regards,

Rob.
Old 12 October 2002, 09:20 AM
JohnS

Talking

Excellent news Jools

Will happily take the car into T&C for you, and have it ready for you at the airport

See you on Wednesday.

John

PS Cracking deal on tyres or what!!
Old 12 October 2002, 09:41 AM
SG
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thats good news Jools. When you taking us for a spin to show what the difference is? Home this Wednesday also.

Cheers

Shaun