Notices

Sti Girl Power!

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2002, 05:47 PM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Who was the big boy in the Black Prodrive Sti (* ** STU) that was blown away on the Aberdeen to Westhill road today? By all accounts, you got well upset with the fact that you could not keep up my Mrs and her friend in our Blue Prodrive Sti; I hear you were out dragged, not once, but twice...and then when you did catch up several miles later, you resorted to overtaking on the inside. This was as the traffic slowed on the approach to the 6-mile roundabout in the fast lane, where all the traffic wanted to turn right towards Westhill. What's that all about then?

When my Mrs pulled up beside this guy the next roundabout, turning left toward Costco, she never even got a wave...in fact quite the contrary as they were given the evil eye! Never mind; must be tough when you cannot keep up with the girls, eh? Seems like you need to go and buy some goodies for that Black Prodrive Sti my friend. Blue ones are so much faster...and you have helped prove that the (extra) money I spent was well worth it. Thanks M8!

PS; You are the first Sti 7 "we" have seen that has not exchanged pleasantries. Poor show, thinks me...

[Edited by Jools - 6/21/2002 5:49:00 PM]
Old 21 June 2002, 05:51 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Angry

FFS BMW / GOLF Boy have moved onto STis - I'm going to have to re-think my next purchase
Old 21 June 2002, 07:39 PM
WUZ
Scooby Senior

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
I am sorry to say that the owner of the black STI is a mechanic (AFAIK) who works for -wait for it- Town and County!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Land Rover I think?)

I'm sure I saw your missus as well - ask her if she saw the red MY97 on the costco road today.......I only recognised the plate from K/H last night and waved a bit too late!

Russell

ps as he is a regular "booly-basher" he is not used to racing on wide roads with other fast cars- usually he is never seen doing more than 15mph in town (trying to pose? or just no good at driving
Old 21 June 2002, 07:42 PM
Amanda-Jane
Scooby Regular

Cool

Girl power!!!

AJx
Old 21 June 2002, 08:09 PM
D8UGF
Scooby Regular

Wink

Mmmmmmm....
New age models have resorted to racing each other,
Given up gettin pasted by old shape Scoobs?

Dougie
Old 21 June 2002, 08:38 PM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Russell,
Arlene did see you and told me (as soon as she got out he car) about the clown, then said she met another Scoob and every one was waving away. Her mate asked "Who was that then?"
"One of the friendlier Subaru gang" came the reply.
You couldn’t have restored the faith at a better moment. Top man!

Steady Dougie...
My Missus would never race on a public highway, she just don’t like letting people past. Don’t know where she gets it from...

You sound like you may have been one of them "old Scoobs" I was all over like a rash at the backside of the circuit , but couldn’t get by going up the straight. If you were, fair play to you! The slicks help great on the corners, but don’t make the damn thing go any quicker up the straights...but i was pleased witht the first real outing. Last time out it had 700 miles, now it had 7K, so it was ready for a good blast.

Jools & Arl.

[Edited by Jools - 6/21/2002 8:41:04 PM]
Old 21 June 2002, 09:47 PM
D8UGF
Scooby Regular

Talking

He He nice one..
Sorry M8 as Shaggy said... "wasnt me"
Never taken the old STi onto a track before, but I think the
old girl would do ok.
Maybe see you on the track someday, if I've got the bottle!!
Go easy on me if I do turn up as she's an old girl that needs
TLC.

Dougie