Notices

Car key replacement in Glasgow

Search this Thread

Old 10 September 2019, 06:09 PM
Neid
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car key replacement in Glasgow

Looking for a new key for a Impreza 1.5l wagon 2007 in Glasgow.Thanks.
Old 11 September 2019, 11:24 AM
R666ORY+1
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Not sure on the differences across the model range. Does your immobiliser deactivate via a chip in the key that you know of or a separate fob?
I had an epic trying to find someone who could reprogram a key due to this. Depending on what the key physically does you may have little option but to visit a dealer. There are numerous companies who are Glasgow based who will come out to you once they have a key and reprogram in-situ. Best thing to do is ring one, give them your vehicle registration and see what they say. It could well be a differing system for your model versus STIs. It will help if you have the pin passcode for your immobiliser if you have the key pad installed in your vehicle. Good look.
Old 12 September 2019, 10:37 AM
donegaldave
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R666ORY+1
Not sure on the differences across the model range. Does your immobiliser deactivate via a chip in the key that you know of or a separate fob?
I had an epic trying to find someone who could reprogram a key due to this. Depending on what the key physically does you may have little option but to visit a dealer. There are numerous companies who are Glasgow based who will come out to you once they have a key and reprogram in-situ. Best thing to do is ring one, give them your vehicle registration and see what they say. It could well be a differing system for your model versus STIs. It will help if you have the pin passcode for your immobiliser if you have the key pad installed in your vehicle. Good look.
Scott ad has a friend who does them Just did me a flip one for £55 a key I think it was. Perfect. No need for the immobiliser fob then either. I contacted him on Facebook - Kevin Mathieson is his name
Old 14 September 2019, 08:55 AM
Matty81
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Subaru replacement key services on facebook are in Glasgow. very good guy aswell who does a cracking job.