Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aztec Performance, anyone got problem with them?

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2014, 11:09 AM
Oskar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aztec Performance, anyone got problem with them?

Hello, im wonder whats happend with Aztec Performance, my friend bought 2 clutches and 1 flywheel of them 14-02-25 and payed with paypal, he has still got no answer from them and not recived anything, he has tried to call them, email them, write on their facebook and i have tried to PM them here on Scoobynet with no response what so ever. My friend is very worried and he needs the parts NOW, so we dont know what to do in this situation so thats why im writing this thread, what has happend to them, does anyone know?
Old 13 March 2014, 11:28 AM
palma0778
Scooby Regular

I did place order from them few weeks back for clutch kit and item turn up next day without any issues,but i see over the one of facebook subaru pages there is similar thread going about brake kit purchase and not recive item for few weeks so they may have some problems or they are very busy.Im sure everything gonna be fine.
Old 13 March 2014, 11:34 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

He was away on holiday I'm not to sure if he is back yet,but as above no need to worry I'm sure your mate will get his parts and a reply soon.SJ.
Old 13 March 2014, 12:47 PM
Oskar
Scooby Regular

I really hope this is the case, but if they are on holiday they should at least state that on their webpage/facebook or send out mails, to just disapear makes people worry and in this case its a hurry to get the parts.

I have bought clutches and flywheels of them my self and also had some problems but atleast they replyed to me when i wrote on ther facebook that time...
Old 13 March 2014, 04:32 PM
daveyj
Scooby Regular

Communications is something I'd fault them on as it causes unneccessary worry. I had a problem contacting them around Christmas/New Year which is expected to a point. They came through with my goods eventually and I was very happy with them. I did say at the time that there was no voicemail facility or even any communication to state that they were closed between A and B.

I was reassured by members on here that they we were reliable. They were. Just need to sharpen up the comms a bit as a business imo. No one is perfect and their prices are keen.

Keep trying them. You should be fine though.
Old 13 March 2014, 09:22 PM
Tyre-fitter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
He was away on holiday I'm not to sure if he is back yet,but as above no need to worry I'm sure your mate will get his parts and a reply soon.SJ.
I purchased a clutch & flywheel when he wad on holiday & i received it 2 days after payment & that was with paypal.

Andy.
Old 13 March 2014, 11:27 PM
quattroowner
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I've tried phoning them recently with no answer and left a pm's and stuff, aint managed to get a reply out of them yet. no major really just after some advice from them etc and opinions on witch clutch.

If there off on holiday, hopefully they'll be back soon ( Bet they wont be lol )

Trending Topics

Old 14 March 2014, 08:30 AM
ianbott
Scooby Regular

I placed an order Monday and have been trying to get hold of them since, no reply to emails or facebook messages, they have been on facebook and posted a statement about exedy clutches but not replied to any messages. Fingers crossed they get sorted soon as things like this won't do any favours for business.
Old 14 March 2014, 12:17 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by quattroowner
I've tried phoning them recently with no answer and left a pm's and stuff, aint managed to get a reply out of them yet. no major really just after some advice from them etc and opinions on witch clutch.

If there off on holiday, hopefully they'll be back soon ( Bet they wont be lol )
If you want a decent clutch, or advice, try API, or AS Performance.
Old 17 March 2014, 03:10 PM
ianbott
Scooby Regular

Absolute shambles of a company, have tried contacting via phone but lines are off. Emailed them and had no reply, also messaged them on facebook but my message has been deleted!
A little courtesy goes a long way. Takes 2 mins to reply to an email. Would strongly suggest people avoid at all costs.

P.S if there is a genuine reason for lack of contact I will retract my statement but if something is wrong then state on facebook and do not continue taking orders.
Old 17 March 2014, 03:42 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a clutch a few weeks back.
Took a fair bit longer than I expected to arrive but it got here in the end! Not sure if I'd use them again though tbh.......
Old 17 March 2014, 04:24 PM
MDS_WRX
Scooby Regular

Hit and miss with them I'd say. Used them twice, first experience was poor but gave them a 2nd chance and the next order was good service.

There are always quite a few posts about their service though, often followed with lots of recommendations by regular posters and then a response from them saying they are just busy. I do think they will eventually get you sorted though, you'll just need to keep pestering them.

Personally I think the busy excuse is poor, if you're that busy to deal with answering the phone then what chance do I have if something goes wrong?
Old 17 March 2014, 04:55 PM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

Cheap prices are of no use without customer service. Imagine the hassle if there was a warranty issue.
Old 17 March 2014, 08:00 PM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

As performance! End of.....
Old 17 March 2014, 09:01 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Or API.
Old 17 March 2014, 09:02 PM
BIGEMP
Scooby Regular

Pm and emailed a few times recently with no reply,went elsewhere and would never bother trying again,much better companies with better customer service out there.
Old 17 March 2014, 10:53 PM
wrx271
Scooby Regular

I get mine from ecp they are always there for one and being so big the price is normally the best or not far off and they are exedy dealers win win if that's what you want
Old 17 March 2014, 11:04 PM
Jason West
Scooby Newbie

Tried to phone them today about a problem with exedy clutch that I purchased from them. Phones says there down for one week.
Old 18 March 2014, 02:10 PM
K3ogh_sti
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

toom the **** with my clutch and flywheel too
Old 18 March 2014, 02:42 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jason West
Tried to phone them today about a problem with exedy clutch that I purchased from them. Phones says there down for one week.
It did that when I tried ringing

I had an e-mail to say my clutch had been dispatched with delivery on Monday - by Interlink. I e-mailed Tuesday evening to ask for the tracking number to find out where it was as it still hadn't turned up. I tried ringing on the Wed to get the same message which got me worried. I left a message on the original 'offer thread' to which he replied saying "you only e-mailed last night - you're not the only customer I have and that we're busy" (either the thread or my post has been deleted as I can't find it now!! ) It miraculously turned up on the Friday via a different courier
Old 19 March 2014, 09:06 AM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Hi guys,

As someone has already mentioned I am overseas at the moment.

It's pretty much business as usual in terms of operationally (as per people saying they received their orders in time), but email/enquiries etc which I deal with personally are taking longer (you should see some of the enquiries I have to deal with!). Obviously if we fulfil say 200 orders a week and there is an issue with 2 orders, the people with an issue will post publicly rather than all the happy customers (it's just the nature of the forums).

We had an issue waiting (and waiting, and waiting) on an Exedy delivery of racing clutches which I believe most enquiries relate to and has been dealt with. Rear drilled and grooved discs are out of stock and I think that's about the sum of any issues.

Oskar: It's lucky your friends order didn't dispatch as he ordered the wrong clutch - all sorted now though.

Blu: Your's ended up being shipped direct to save time in the end as your order ended up being bounced back at our end. As far as I knew it shipped when I sent you the shipping notification but I don't work in the warehouse.

Jason: you emailed with a technical enquiry which you've had a reply to pretty quickly.

All warranty claims are dealt with in a timely manner, there is a process for it and it's fairly straightforward.

I daresay we sell more clutches than anyone else here on ScoobyNet, dispatched on time unless on the rare occasion there is an issue elsewhere. We keep in stock over 40 pallets of Subaru stock alone just so we can dispatch the same day and keep prices low, it's not a perfect system as stock can be oversold online and new stock delayed, but it's the closest we can get and is largely successful: BUY IN BULK -> RE-ORDER WHEN STOCK LOW.

If you know what you want to order and don't need to speak to anyone, simply order online: http://www.superhids.co.uk

Been around for several years and not going anywhere.

Apologies to anyone having communication issues. Not on SN much and only stumbled across this by chance. Any urgent enquiries put "URGENT" in the email title and you'll have a reply swiftly (don't post on here as I may not see it for a while): aztecperformance@gmail.com

Cheers,

Bob
Old 19 March 2014, 10:11 AM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Aztec Performance Ltd
Blu: Your's ended up being shipped direct to save time in the end as your order ended up being bounced back at our end. As far as I knew it shipped when I sent you the shipping notification but I don't work in the warehouse.
Fair play, I understand issues do arise, this I have no problems with. Had you replied to my e-mail in the first instance to inform me what you have said above - instead of the slightly arrogant reply on your thread - then I wouldn't have felt the need to reply to this thread!
Old 19 March 2014, 10:19 AM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Always hard to portray emotion/intention correctly in written form. Hope you're enjoying the clutch
Old 19 March 2014, 10:24 AM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Always hard to portray emotion/intention correctly in written form. Hope you're enjoying the clutch
Fair do's
Old 19 March 2014, 02:08 PM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never have problems when I order from AS Performance and Alyn always answers the phone

Communication is the key.
Old 19 March 2014, 02:52 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Agreed ^. Ive tried ringing these guys a few times with no luck. Dont bother trying anymore
Old 19 March 2014, 03:14 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

We started off as an online only business, added the telephone at a later date for people wanting to order on the telephone, but the foundations of the business are still very much online.

Online orders work for us, some places don't have online stores so are entirely reliant on phones to take orders. Our regular customers simply click and buy.
Old 19 March 2014, 03:27 PM
Jazzy Jefferson
Scooby Regular

Online orders work for us,
Surely its not about what works for you but your customers?
Old 19 March 2014, 03:38 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Agreed, but it works for the majority of customers and most of the time we have telephone ordering also - just not when I'm not in the country
Old 19 March 2014, 04:38 PM
Jazzy Jefferson
Scooby Regular

Agreed, but it works for the majority of customers and most of the time we have telephone ordering also - just not when I'm not in the country
You should be looking after all customers, not the majority?

As it happens, and if you're interested in some sensible feedback;

I've ordered with you in the past and had no problems, but I gotta say, threads like this (and there are quite a few knocking around now,) and your response to them doesn't make me want to order again.

If you aren't around (And how will I know?) then I'm stuffed. Better to go with a company that can deal with the enquiry there and then. no?

Quick Reply: Aztec Performance, anyone got problem with them?