why hello there

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2014, 03:59 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default why hello there

Greetings all... its been a while.

possible looking to return to the fold so im after some advice or examples of whats on offer for around £4K. im looking for low millage and in tip top condition. (you know what im like )

any help would be appreciated. STi preferably and ill not refuse another Classic RA either I know there are some mint low millage examples still out there within my budget..
Old 03 February 2014, 04:06 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by powerwrx
Greetings all... its been a while.

possible looking to return to the fold so im after some advice or examples of whats on offer for around £4K. im looking for low millage and in tip top condition. (you know what im like )

any help would be appreciated. STi preferably and ill not refuse another Classic RA either I know there are some mint low millage examples still out there within my budget..

I doubt it, things have moved on a little, decent classics are on the up, so you'll struggle to find a mint RA for that money, there's plenty of people already looking, RA's are definitely the current flavour of the month.

Welcome back and happy hunting.
Old 03 February 2014, 04:16 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

cheers mate... ill have to get my searching goggles back on.
Old 11 February 2014, 04:42 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

bttt... was I that unpopular lol..
Old 11 February 2014, 05:21 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back with a bang lol, good luck in the search mate.
Old 12 February 2014, 09:54 AM
328isport
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think 4k will certainly get you a good STi, and I don't think a good RA is totally unreasonable either (though would have to be an earlier one).. it just depends how your willing to wait/look for. Whilst I'd agree prices are on the up, the bigger issue is just finding one worth buying in the first place, this is particularly difficult when it comes to STi's/RA's, good UK turbo's are easier to find, see the nice spec low mileage facelift blue one on pistonheads as an example.

I know UK turbo's are seen as the poor mans impreza, but given the age of classics now there's so many in need of extensive renovation (UK and imports) that the differences in spec between models when the cars were new isn't really the be all and end all. Eg. A good spec UK car is going to give you more enjoyment than a dying STi.

When it comes to classics I'd say try to look with an open mind rather than chasing particular models, this should open up your chances of finding a genuinely good car. Of course this is all only my opinion!

Having said all that, your in good bug territory as well, the blue one in the FS section with Ksports all round and stacks of new parts including CDF arbs/fully polybushed is a good example of this and is under budget.