Sponsored by:

Newbie..

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2014, 10:16 PM
thrillofjapturbos
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie..

Hello guys I'm totally new to this forum. Had many cars over the years as I've traded part time for a bit of extra cash on the side and mainly as a hobby to drive different motors.
Now I will admit, I never was into scoobies as I always thought they looked a bit 'chavvy.' Before anyoen jumps down my throat, that view as changed dramatically!

My mate recenty picked up a Subaru Impreza STI type UK Spec D with prodrive performance pack. His car has a forged engine, uprated suspension. No other engien mods apart from down pipe as he wanted one which has not yet had all the horses squeezed out of.
Went for a spin with him and sitting on teh passenger side, I must say it was a little scary. I've never really been a passenger in a car driven past for a few years. Sold my m3 a coupel of months ago but driving and being a passenger is totally different!

Anyway, I drove it and thought the car is quite rapid to around 80mph. Other cars with bigger CC's would then take over.

About the Spec D,
I know it has some minor luxuries etc and I also know what the prodrive adds.
Would you say it is worth more than a normal sti type uk with prodrive? Would appreciate comments about value etc. My mates car has 90k miles on teh clock but is a very godo example in excellent condition. He paid around £8k.

Lastly, what other cars would one match (without thousands of pounds of mods) in standard guise with prodrive pack and uprated suspension. I have had E46 M3, E39 m5, Audi S3 8L and the 260 8P version, Audi S6 (340bhp), Skyline GTST 300bhp. From all the above cars, I will say my best one was the m3. Amazing all rounder and quick too when driven right..
Old 21 January 2014, 12:43 PM
swaynie
Scooby Regular

your hunting for a sales pitch basically from some one off here or trying to sell it on here. I say jog on
Old 21 January 2014, 12:55 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by swaynie
your hunting for a sales pitch basically from some one off here or trying to sell it on here. I say jog on
Eh?

Basically no. The Spec D is not really worth anymore than the usual sti.
The fact that is has had a forged engine build will add value. However, at 90k, I want to know when the other items such as brakes, suspension, gearbox have been changed/serviced.

As an all round package, I can't think of anything else that would beat it for the money, other than may be an older evo.