Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went to get a gearbox today and came home with a bit more lol. Sti brembo and diff Q

Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2014, 04:04 PM
Fudgey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to get a gearbox today and came home with a bit more lol. Sti brembo and diff Q

So, went to get a replacement box and diff today, the box has the same code as mine - 77-TY754VN2AA

Now, i did get the rear diff aswell, but it looks like one of the seals is weeping a bit.

Will i get away with only changing the box or is there any chance the diff could be different?

Second question, while there i also nabbed the sti brembos. He said he wasnt sure if they would fit the wrx front hubs, so i have them too!

But can i simply bolt them up to my existing hubs and save some hassle.
My car is a UK300 PPP

And finally, i also got the stainless decat downpipe and centre section, but its a 3" system and im pretty sure that the prodrive rear silencer on mine is 2.5" so it wont fit?

So might be selling it on if it wont fit.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Last edited by Fudgey; 11 January 2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11 January 2014, 04:31 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

If front sti brembos, they fit fine just the caliper bolts are different thread. The rears are a little more complex as the calipers bolt on ok but you need either oversized handbrake shoes or undersized drums on rear discs. The diff should be fine as gearbox same code
So would have same rear diff ratio.
Old 11 January 2014, 04:33 PM
Fudgey
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate, so i just need to get the brembos off without stripping the threads. Looks like there is grease on them but i have soaked with wd40 too.

Good news on the diff then save a bit of aggro lol