Sponsored by:

Courier Problems!

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2014, 08:42 PM
v6wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Courier Problems!

Parcel arrived today which should have been my P1 suspension which I bought from another member here. I opened the box to find a mosses basket stand!!! WTF so I rang the courier company (city link) and they said it must be a mixed up postage label with another customer I can't really understand this as the seller said he stuck the postage label on the box which I emailed to him, so how could this get mixed up??

Last edited by v6wrx; 08 January 2014 at 08:47 PM.
Old 08 January 2014, 09:08 PM
Ciaran
Scooby Regular

I had a an electric fire delivered instead of a PPG gearbox also citylink! Not sure how they manage it. It took me threatening to get a solicitor to get them to sort it.

It wasn't sent by paisley freight by any chance?
Old 08 January 2014, 09:14 PM
v6wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ciaran
I had a an electric fire delivered instead of a PPG gearbox also citylink! Not sure how they manage it. It took me threatening to get a solicitor to get them to sort it.

It wasn't sent by paisley freight by any chance?
I booked them through myparcel.com which I've used in the past quite a few times and everything has been fine, the other times I always paid extra to increase the insurance value. For some reason I didn't bother this time, and then this happens!!
Old 08 January 2014, 09:14 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Was it brand new or used?
Old 08 January 2014, 09:16 PM
v6wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
Was it brand new or used?
Used suspension
Old 08 January 2014, 11:48 PM
joshnosh
Scooby Regular

sh1tylink

at least it wasent yodel...
Old 08 January 2014, 11:56 PM
steviechi
Scooby Regular

They have a competition to see who is worst

But ****ylink always manage to pull out the stops.

I once had them try 3 times to deliver a parcel to me that was addressed to a totally different address, which might not have been so bad - but I gave the parcel back to the driver the first time he tried to deliver it and told him the address it should go to was about 30 miles away.
Old 09 January 2014, 01:09 PM
Ukautograss
Scooby Regular

Seeing as I'm a courier (don't shoot ) but I don't work for any of them idiots :-) I work for interlink , but these things do happen ie wrong lables but u just need to keep on at customer services and it will get sorted next time send it via interlink or Dpd , next day delivery with 1 hour window for delivery and fully tracked .
Old 09 January 2014, 03:55 PM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

Who signed for it? Was the weight not a give away to say its not suspension? lol
Old 09 January 2014, 04:14 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EOEUMC
Who signed for it? Was the weight not a give away to say its not suspension? lol
these sti suspensions are so light these days
Old 09 January 2014, 06:52 PM
v6wrx
Scooby Regular

Nobody signed for it the driver just handed it over. They admit its there fault by mixing the postage labels up. They think it's gone to a large customer who has warehouses over the UK so it could be anywhere. They only started to try and find it after me sending a stinking email to one of there directors! Going through there customer services was getting me no where! They asked the value of the parcel so hopefully they will refund the cost
Old 09 January 2014, 07:10 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by v6wrx
Used suspension
I meant the Moses basket
Old 09 January 2014, 07:15 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by L3YMS
(13 of 76 poor Daniel),
Is that it? If I'd went out with that when I worked at City Link, I'd have been asleep by 2PM at the latest.
Old 09 January 2014, 07:16 PM
v6wrx
Scooby Regular

I meant the Moses basket
Used. No details of the sender
Old 09 January 2014, 07:20 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Originally Posted by v6wrx
Nobody signed for it the driver just handed it over. They admit its there fault by mixing the postage labels up. They think it's gone to a large customer who has warehouses over the UK so it could be anywhere. They only started to try and find it after me sending a stinking email to one of there directors! Going through there customer services was getting me no where! They asked the value of the parcel so hopefully they will refund the cost
Still have the package, inc lable? What's the consignment number? Should be 3 letters 5 digits, eg HZT66992 or something like that.

Cross-labled things do happen, shouldn't happen, but that's down to the collecting driver.

Crap like this with customer services didn't happen so much when they still had in branch CSO's. They were going to regional customer services when I was leaving.
Old 09 January 2014, 07:22 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mickywrx
Is that it? If I'd went out with that when I worked at City Link, I'd have been asleep by 2PM at the latest.
Depends on total mileage you done, high number of parcels eg 100+ jobs equals low mileage.
Less jobs equals high mileage! It's not that hard tbh if it's done like that.

I'm putting buildings up for sale inc commercial now and I average 50-60 jobs under 100miles
And 25-35 jobs 200-250 miles
Start at 6 ish and home around 2-4pm

Last edited by bustaMOVEs; 09 January 2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09 January 2014, 07:29 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Depends on total mileage you done, high number of parcels eg 100+ jobs equals low mileage.
Less jobs equals high mileage! It's not that hard tbh if it's done like that.

I'm putting buildings up for sale inc commercial now and I average 50-60 jobs under 100miles
And 25-35 jobs 200-250 miles
Start at 6 ish and home around 2-4pm
Fair comment, Corky.

I used to go out with 60+ when I was covering most of Northumberland though. That's almost the same size as Wales.
Old 09 January 2014, 07:31 PM
swaynie
Scooby Regular

I only use parcel monkey for all my deliveries and they have never messed up
Old 09 January 2014, 07:43 PM
v6wrx
Scooby Regular

Still have the package, inc lable? What's the consignment number? Should be 3 letters 5 digits, eg HZT66992 or something like that.

Cross-labled things do happen, shouldn't happen, but that's down to the collecting driver.

Crap like this with customer services didn't happen so much when they still had in branch CSO's. They were going to regional customer services when I was leaving.
Yeah still got the package and details
Old 09 January 2014, 07:47 PM
joshnosh
Scooby Regular

DPD are very very good
UPS are also very good

fedex and parcelforce are general ok

****ylink, hermes, HDNL, yodel

my dad used to have an account with citylink

they sent out about 10 parcels a day. about 3 would get lost and about 3 damaged each month
he told me they where all just as bad as each other but i kept going on at him and hes switched to ups. about 6 months in and nothing lost and only a couple damages. cheaper couriers are a false economy.
Old 09 January 2014, 07:51 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Same here, I use ups or TNT depending on item and location, never had a problem over a year now but I only send about 5-8 items a month (personal)
Old 09 January 2014, 08:02 PM
craigybaby
Scooby Regular

City link are a useless bunch of ***** they tried delivering me a parcel this morning I was at work so a note was left on the floor OUTSIDE! seriously wtf??? The driver couldn't even be bothered to push it through the letterbox have rearranged delivery for tomorrow which Is pointless cuz I have to work they say my order will be delivered between 07-30 and 17-30 there was no option for a time frame or anythin like that so it will be another letter drop and I will then have to drive 45 mins to my local warehouse why do people use these you only have to google city link review and there is a sea of bad reviews not found a single good review I shall be having a moan at them tomorrow and to scoobyworld for choosing such a poor courier choice lol
Old 09 January 2014, 08:24 PM
Ukautograss
Scooby Regular

Fair comment, Corky.

I used to go out with 60+ when I was covering most of Northumberland though. That's almost the same size as Wales.

I do about 80-110 drops per day plus about 10 collections on an average day nov/dec I was doing 130-160 a day and doing about 110 miles
Dpd and interlink are owned by geopost very good company and think there the second biggest in the uk possibly Europe we used to get a lot of hassle with people not being in and saying we never turned up now that's changed cause have real time gps tracking and cameras to take pics of the houses when there not in lol , geopost distributed the first batch of I phone 5s full security detail with the lorry sand u know how many got lost not 1 :-) times are changing customers expect more from the couriers these days company's like citylink will either go under or get brought out in the end I'm sure , I hope u get ur suspension either which way , has anyone ough to contact the person who's Moses basket u have as they might have ur suspension ?
Old 09 January 2014, 08:29 PM
v6wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ukautograss
I do about 80-110 drops per day plus about 10 collections on an average day nov/dec I was doing 130-160 a day and doing about 110 miles
Dpd and interlink are owned by geopost very good company and think there the second biggest in the uk possibly Europe we used to get a lot of hassle with people not being in and saying we never turned up now that's changed cause have real time gps tracking and cameras to take pics of the houses when there not in lol , geopost distributed the first batch of I phone 5s full security detail with the lorry sand u know how many got lost not 1 :-) times are changing customers expect more from the couriers these days company's like citylink will either go under or get brought out in the end I'm sure , I hope u get ur suspension either which way , has anyone ough to contact the person who's Moses basket u have as they might have ur suspension ?
That's the case but they can't work out who it's cross referenced with. Maybe the person thought hang on this lot looks worth more than that mosses basket stand and kept quite. The parcel even has my own postage label attached with my mobile number.
Old 10 January 2014, 08:16 AM
v6wrx
Scooby Regular

Can anybody tell me what four p1 struts with springs would weigh? Courier said if they could get a verly close weight match they could trace the parcel.
Old 10 January 2014, 08:50 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Easily around 30 KG, maybe more for a set of springs and dampers.
Old 10 January 2014, 08:58 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Easily around 30 KG, maybe more for a set of springs and dampers.
My KYB AGX with whiteline springs was 40kg when I sent them a couple of weeks ago - that had all the top mounts in too but gives you an idea
Old 10 January 2014, 09:05 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

cameras to take pics of the houses when there not in lol
City Link have been doing that for about 3 years now, DPD playing catch up.

citylink will either go under or get brought out in the end I'm sure
Where are they going bring them out of? Buy/Bought - Bring/Brought, FFS it's not hard.

Rentokil Initial sold City Link last year, for one whole British pound. A company is only as good as it's staff, and City Link no longer have that many actual employed drivers.

City Link went to **** because Rentokil got greedy, plain and simple fact. It was a profitable business when it was franchised, very little went missing or got damaged.

Rentokil wanted all of the profits and more, so they spunked millions buying all the franchises back, bought Target Express, built new depots etc, and didn't have a ******* clue how to run the business.

But, I know bad grammar, I left and now do about 18 deliveries a day.
Old 10 January 2014, 09:09 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Originally Posted by JonMc
My KYB AGX with whiteline springs was 40kg when I sent them a couple of weeks ago - that had all the top mounts in too but gives you an idea
Out of interest, how much did that cost to send Jon?

I sent a complete set of AVCS heads for a friend of mine, sent them with City Link when I still worked there - they'd stopped us sending stuff for free by that time, and I paid £6 with Interparcel, I think it was. The weighed 45 KG IIRC.
Old 10 January 2014, 09:15 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Out of interest, how much did that cost to send Jon?

I sent a complete set of AVCS heads for a friend of mine, sent them with City Link when I still worked there - they'd stopped us sending stuff for free by that time, and I paid £6 with Interparcel, I think it was. The weighed 45 KG IIRC.
TBH mate I don't know the buyer (Milleniumracer) arranged the collection when he bought them but he was reckoning on about a £25

Quick Reply: Courier Problems!