Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sound proofing kit for MY00 Impreza SW

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2001, 10:38 PM
geokat
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any comments on the BJAcoustics sound proofing kit for a MY00 IMpreza 5-door? Extra weight? Noise level was improved? Difficulties in installation?
Old 02 May 2001, 10:29 AM
Jza
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by geokat:
<B>Any comments on the BJAcoustics sound proofing kit for a MY00 IMpreza 5-door? Extra weight? Noise level was improved? Difficulties in installation?[/quote]

Id go and have a look in the ICE section and do a search! The BJAcoustics stuff consists of several "pads" of thick wadding type material that you lay all around the car. It does add weight to the car.

I had some for the bonnet of my old car and it worked fine. I think that you might want to also consider adding some "dynamat" to the door panels and wheel arches as well - you'll have to take up the carpets to fit the BJacoustic stuff anyway!

Ive just used a material called Brown Bread from "Maplins" in the UK (£15 a big roll) and found it easy to apply. You can cut it into small squares and apply it to individual panels in the car - i did the boot last weekend in about 1 hour and its a lot quieter!!

Wheel arches and the floor account for lots of road noise so work on them 1st! It does make a big reduction in road noise

Jza

Old 02 May 2001, 02:50 PM
church_monster
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I've got aN sti v, i FOUND THAT THE DYNA-SPRAY (MADE BY DYNAMAT) IS EXCELLENT, YOU SPRAY ON THE layers (my caps lock key got stuck) to your required level and bye bye goes the vibrating rear spoiler !! and it can be sprayed into the smallest area.....only drawback is it's about £15 a can and it took 2 cans just to do the underside of the boot lid (ho hum)