HELP ME PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2002, 02:20 PM
deandurandt2
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

To anyone who cares,

iam soon to be leaving full time education and getting a full time job. i do not yet own the worlds most sexiest car!! iam after a impreza and was wondering wat mods would u suggest?? 1 problem, insurence and a limited budget.

thanx
Old 24 May 2002, 02:35 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

so you will be 22/23.

My insurance age 23 5 years NCB on a light mod RB5 was £750

From the standard car change the indicators front/side, paint the orange wedges in the bumper and get a stainless back box. If your on a budget that's about all you can do without getting hit for high insurance IMHO.
Old 24 May 2002, 03:40 PM
ice_white
Scooby Regular

Wink

Try Tesco insurance. Their website refused me, but when i phoned up they gave me a quote of £1,090, which halved my renewal quote!!!

Not bad for a 20 year old!

Good luck.

Mark.
Old 24 May 2002, 04:57 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Basically if you live in the northwest of england you can forget about the cost of insurance as even me at 33 the cost is over 1k so for you id say 5k+ as the crime rate for manchester alone is 1400 cars in the last 12 weeks or something like that (for high performance cars).
Look for something thats not going to cripple you on insurance and thats not going to have someone booting down your front door for the keys (unfortunately this does happen and is quite common ) and get some NCB under your belt too, it does cut costs along with age (plus services are 6monthly and can cost 350+ for atleast one per year with a car over 3 yrs old!)

Tony
Old 27 May 2002, 11:25 AM
deandurandt2
Scooby Newbie

Red face

cheers 4 all the sound advice. i have decided to get a Crapie run around (Punto) till i can afford a Scobby, prob when iam 25. only another 7 yrs 2 go. it WILL b worth the wait