Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does changing the oem Blobeye Sti Resonated Centre Section provide any benefit?

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2013, 12:40 AM
kwan88
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does changing the oem Blobeye Sti Resonated Centre Section provide any benefit?

I currently have a blobeye STI with a ninja back box and pro drive sports cat. I will be planning to replace the cat with a decat pipe. Will replacing the oem Resonated Centre Section pipe with another brand of resonated centre pipe make much difference besides more noise?

Regards.
Old 26 November 2013, 07:48 AM
James Powell
Scooby Newbie

Iv got full 3" decat and up pipe on my blobeye and it
sounds the way it should m8
Old 26 November 2013, 03:07 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

Originally Posted by kwan88
I currently have a blobeye STI with a ninja back box and pro drive sports cat. I will be planning to replace the cat with a decat pipe. Will replacing the oem Resonated Centre Section pipe with another brand of resonated centre pipe make much difference besides more noise?

Regards.
It depends on what you're doing with it. The stock turbo won't flow enough to make the centre section critical. You don't HAVE to make a lot of noise to get power out a Scooby, but some just like to!
Old 26 November 2013, 03:11 PM
pflowers
Scooby Regular

Out of interest does the standard back box restrict the car in any way? I am determined to keep mine standard looking and quiet so would a decat, remap to suit but the standard rear box be a problem?
Old 26 November 2013, 07:39 PM
kwan88
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery
It depends on what you're doing with it. The stock turbo won't flow enough to make the centre section critical. You don't HAVE to make a lot of noise to get power out a Scooby, but some just like to!
Thanks, even if the car has been mapped with the turbo running at 1.5 bar? I was thinking of de-cat the down pipe as japspeed hav an offer but then found that my centre pipe seems to be the oem one.

Regards.
Old 26 November 2013, 08:37 PM
just me
Scooby Regular

I have this problem too, dont want the exhaust to get too loud, tsl back box, prodrive cat, have a map booked in december, dont know if its actually worth changing the center.
Old 27 November 2013, 06:45 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

I fitted a de resonated centre section to my old wrx ppp, it made it a little better sound wise but didn't make it to loud, main thing for me was it was stainless so no rot to worry about.