Sponsored by:

Help, Red tail light retrofit onto hawk eye

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2013, 08:42 PM
DmcL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, Red tail light retrofit onto hawk eye

had an oops with the rear end of my hawk eye and a bollard and long story short i never fancied the original tail lights so went for some red tails. initially i got a beat up pair that were spares for a rally car which have bulbs in the inner (round) red bit and also have bulbs in the outer red bit and have NO bulbs in the middle bit where the reflector is.

roll on to today, a nicer pair of reds came in the post that werent battered and bruised and i noticed these have bulbs in different places. one of them has a bulb in all 3 red bits while the other one only has a bulb in the inner round bit and then has the second bulb in the middle bit where the reflector is. is this a mismatched pair or is the 3rd red bulb on the one side the rear fog light?

were there changes through the years of the red tails or something or are my beat up rally spares from a non UK/EU model or whats the story?

also FWIW im still using the hawk eye bulb looms with dual stop/tail bulbs and have filed off some tabs on two of the bulb holders to allow them to fit in the outer bit of the current beat up red tails. oddly i have lost the brake lights on the passengers side for both bulbs.. the tail lights still work as normal on that side though. i tried swapping bulbs around from left to right thinking maybe the brake light filaments had gone but no joy.. the fresher red tails that came today also came with the bulb looms for them so hopefully it will just be a matter of simply plugging in the correct looms to the cars harness (or were the pins moved about from red tails to clear?)