Sponsored by:

Hard life of a 555

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2013, 08:44 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts
Default Hard life of a 555

Iv known this car for a while now and thought I'd give you al, a bit of insight into what its been up to over the last couple of years

Got a call one day from a friend asking if I knew anyone interested in a classic 555 limited with low miles on ,,,,, at this time I knew my mate jason was in the market for another scoob so I gave him a call and after a few cups of tea he was the new owner of a 555 limited

Not long after owning the 555 a van was reversing down Jason's road and took the front wing out ,,, it was agreed by the insurance company that Jason (well me lol) would fix it himself to keep costs down ,, so out I went and fitted Jason's new front end.

It was also agreed by the insurance that they would do a full respray due to the grafix so off it went to the bodyshop for a full respray

Sadly not long after getting it back Jason had to make the hard choice to sell up ,,, lucky for me that I was in the market for another scoob so took ownership of the 555 and treated it to some big brakes and new wheels

So I had the 555 for a couple of months , then rallydave (builds rally cars for a living) asked if I wanted to pay for some work I wanted done with the 555 and it worked out well for me doing it this way so off it went to rallydaves and yes you guessed it he turned it into a rally car

Not long after finishing the 555 one of the chaps dave knows asked if he could hire it for one of the rally's that was coming up ,,so he took it off testing and was more than happy so booked it for the rally,,

He had a slight mishap and took out the back end of the poor 555

But still carried on and managed a 5th overall

As was agreed before he took the car he is going to be fixing it for dave ,,,so off it goes again to be put on the jig,,, never nice seeing them like this but it has to be done sometimes

Once it was all strait they started putting it back together and it soon started looking like the 555 again,,,the whole back end was off a red car , I have a pic of it half red and half blue but can't find it now lol

All ready for action again and who knows what's around the corner for this 555 but there is plenty of life in her yet

Old 26 September 2013, 08:49 PM
g7prs
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha ha brilliant write up from a fellow 555 owner! I'm very jealous of that interior!
Old 26 September 2013, 08:50 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by g7prs
Ha ha brilliant write up from a fellow 555 owner! I'm very jealous of that interior!
Yeah he does loads of them like that ,, my newage is currently being done now
Old 26 September 2013, 09:17 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great real shame you face lifted it though
Old 26 September 2013, 09:32 PM
blackvenom
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's had a colourful life, I have a facelift but Im another in the camp of keeping it pre. Nice to see its being kept going, that rear end would have seen most scrapped
Old 27 September 2013, 06:55 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 53
Looks great real shame you face lifted it though
Jason who owned it at the time had the front end laying around so made sence to use it at the time ,,,,don't worry iv got a K reg V1 that I'm keeping safe
Old 27 September 2013, 10:09 AM
daveyj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The guy I bought my 2003 Wagon from has one of these. I've never been out in one but have heard they are pretty awesome. I at least now know what it looks like so can nod my head when he talks about it and not be pretending to know what he is on about. :-)