KAS35RSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Buyer ALERT, WARNING - eBay Item Number 200965600982

Have one to sell? Sell it yourself

2003 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX-STI TYPE UK BLACK with Prodrive Performance Pack

66,303 Miles - Well looked after, subtle Subaru Impreza

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009656009...ht_1577wt_1142

So I took some time off work and viewed the above car. Spoke to the owner Brad who seemed genuine over the phone. Assured me it was mint with only 1 mark, he mention how particular he was when buying the car & wanted everything perfect. I was assured there was no accident damage or resprays.

So I made a 300 mile round trip to view this, I was greeted by Brad & his dad on the driveway, immediately i noticed a lot of orange peel & lots of marks/dents etc. Towards the front I noticed the passenger side light being completely disaligned & the gap bewteen the bonnet & wing was out badly. On my attempt to shut the bonnet, it just would not close unless it was slammed. The first big give away!

I was annoyed straight away, & addressed my concerns to Brad, his dad replied "well thats your opinion".

As I've been in the bodywork industry for 14 years & owned over 15 Subs, it wouldn't take any one long with similar background to notice a stacked car.

They were very rude & abruct, wife shouting out the window asking me to get off there property as I questioned the 2 lads about giving me incorrect information.

Some honesty would have been nice, but you could clearly tell they knew what they were selling. I asked Brad to rectify his advert & maybe get a good bodyshop to confirm my evaluation as it may waste someone elses time, however he was adamant it was a genuine non stacked motor.

Overall the car is a complete shed & no way near to "Good Condition".

Just a heads up for my fellow members as I dont want others to be lied to & have a wasted journey.

Kas

Last edited by KAS35RSTI; 22 September 2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 22 September 2013, 06:54 PM
Shaks-STI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kas im glad you have raised this because i was going to do the same, someone else went to see this car and walked away after 5min, if i knew that you wanted to go see that car i would have stopped you.

Last edited by Shaks-STI; 22 September 2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 22 September 2013, 06:58 PM
daiski
Scooby Regular

nice one guys
Old 22 September 2013, 07:00 PM
grey_boy
Scooby Regular

Thanks fellow friend for spotting and spreading the shed alert

The pictures do not show any part of the near side (passenger side) and hides the headlight pictures..some poor bugger will be over the moon! Until they realise..

Worth the round trip, better than parting with good money
Old 22 September 2013, 07:12 PM
blackvenom
Scooby Regular

Again coming from a a bodyshop and smart background, it's a joke what people try and pass off, mate just brought a little mx5 as a toy/ project, sold as mint condition, was only able to pick the car up at night, ( I didn't know at the time), saw the car at the weekend Nd there rear arch and sill is sold, must be a whole 3.5 litre tin worth of filler, it's not smooth,it's cracked, it's the wrong colour, it's dull, it's a shed, either covering rust or an accident. I relooked at the advert when was still on ebay and re read to
Confirm it's "mint", it's missing its rear fog lights (just been mot'ed) never had
Any fitted, no brackets or wiring, wonder what else
The mot'er didn't look at .
Old 22 September 2013, 07:27 PM
KAS35RSTI
Scooby Regular

Always fancied a black STi & didnt seem to bad. I offered him 5700 over the phone as he described it immaculate.

Just hope this thread helps someone who is travelling from far just like me. Money a side, its the effort & lies that really annoyed me.
Old 22 September 2013, 07:35 PM
*matthewturb2000*
Scooby Regular

The pics make it look like it's from a dealership this would make me wonder to startwith

Trending Topics

Old 22 September 2013, 07:35 PM
djquest
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that Kas. Its good of you to spot the lemon and advise others. Its a real shame how some people don't advertise there cars honestly. Just hope no one on scoobynet gets stung by this lemon.
Old 22 September 2013, 07:39 PM
scooblet
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Thought it was abit cheap.
Old 22 September 2013, 07:40 PM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Sadly every picture does not tell the story.
Old 22 September 2013, 07:49 PM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

Report the seller to ebay - if the condition does not match the description they will log it and it may help future buyers.
Old 22 September 2013, 08:02 PM
kirstybumx3
Scooby Regular

kas where about in Birmingham are they?
Old 22 September 2013, 08:04 PM
Prodrive Brad
Scooby Newbie

Kas, sorry it wasn't up to your expectations.

Wish you the best in finding a better one.

I don't think its fair to say the car is a 'shed' - the car is described accurately in my ebay listing. I welcome any other Scoobynet members to come and view if interested.

Second poster, Kas is the first person to actually come and view the car. So not sure where you are getting that info from.

The pictures were taken at Cross Keys Subaru because I am an enthusiast and wanted some nice pictures of the car, like most of the people on here!
Old 22 September 2013, 08:37 PM
Prodrive Brad
Scooby Newbie

As for being rude and abrupt, I think I have the right to be rude and abrupt (and ask you to leave) when I am racially abused on my driveway.

I notice you forgot to mention that Kas. I can assure you us 'white people are not all the same'. Very disappointing experience.
Old 22 September 2013, 09:01 PM
Noobz941
Scooby Regular

So is the car a shed or not:-S ha
Old 22 September 2013, 09:03 PM
Ste1988
Scooby Regular

I sent a message asking about this car last week and was going to arrange a viewing over this weekend with every intention to buy it as I've been looking for a decent blob sti for a while but did not get a reply?
Old 22 September 2013, 09:10 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

come on then, prove them wrong about the panel gaps then. take some good close up pics of the panels (in daylight) that have been mentioned and let everyone see for themselves

then we can all see how 'straight' it is
Old 22 September 2013, 09:11 PM
chrisWRX_27
Scooby Regular

I notice on his ebay listing -

I have meticulously looked after the car in my ownership, as have seemingly the previous owners.

Sounds like a hot potatoe to me
Old 22 September 2013, 09:24 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Not being funny but the fact it's photographed outside a dealership suggests it has some sort of affiliation with the dealer.
As above some close up photos would dispel any confusion.
Old 22 September 2013, 09:24 PM
KAS35RSTI
Scooby Regular

No I did not racially abuse you, I am far from a racist & you did not ask me to leave. Some crazy lady was shouting out the window asking us to leave after I had confronted you regarding the mis-description! I was trying to explain to your old man, but he was so rude to just cut me & say "GOODBYE"

If you're a enthusiast then you should be able to notice the damage your car has had. I dont think you're a enthusiast after looking at the state of your car & your approach.

You & your father were not even preppared to listen to what I had to say. It would be great if you take your car to an approved body shop to confirm my evaluation. This way you would understand the condition better & make your advert more clear.

You said there was only 1 mark on the car over the phone, for a 03 plate car I wasn't expecting it to be brand new, just a bit clean. Your car is far from clean with lots of dents, scrapes, respray & front end damage. Your bonnet wasnt even closing!

I will leave it here, it could have been worse if it was some one else, they may have asked you to cough up for there expenses & maybe even laced you & your father.

If you decide to come to reallity give me a call, I will come give you 3k & break it for parts
Old 22 September 2013, 09:31 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Why are there no pictures of the left side of the car? I would like to see close up pics too...
Subscribed!

Last edited by RobsyUK; 22 September 2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 22 September 2013, 09:45 PM
oli_p
Scooby Regular

Shame, I was interested in the car aswell
Old 22 September 2013, 09:51 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

photos look to have been taken outside Cross ROADS garage near Shipston
Old 22 September 2013, 10:24 PM
grey_boy
Scooby Regular

Photos taken on a sunday when it's closed....sharlatans!

Using the race card is unbelievable too...let's face it, you are trying to rip off another forum MEMBER douchey
Old 22 September 2013, 10:25 PM
grey_boy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Prodrive Brad
I don't think its fair to say the car is a 'shed' - the car is described accurately in my ebay listing. I welcome any other Scoobynet members to come and view if interested.

Second poster, Kas is the first person to actually come and view the car. So not sure where you are getting that info from.

The pictures were taken at Cross Keys Subaru because I am an enthusiast and wanted some nice pictures of the car, like most of the people on here!
Most people take pictures of both sides, not just the good one
Old 22 September 2013, 10:26 PM
Prodrive Brad
Scooby Newbie

I will take some more photos and put them up tomorrow for everyone here.

It's not really fair to jump on someone selling a car with one persons personal opinion. Judgemental in the very extreme and its quite upsetting for me to be hones, especially as the car was not even test driven.

I am just trying to sell a car here, which is disappointing enough given what it is and the reason I am selling it for. If I could, I would be keeping this car.

Kas, you and I both know what happened today, but this car has not been resprayed or been in a crash. The way that was put to me, by you, on my property was out of order, I will not have someone accuse me of lying when I am not and you did racially abuse me and my father.

I do respect your own personal opinion, but it is extreme!

With regards to the photos, they weren't taken to 'sell the car', more for my personal enjoyment a few weeks ago as I happened to pass the place on a Sunday when it was closed. Hence why the car is parked the way it is with the Subaru sign in the backdrop. It is merely coincidence that the other side cannot be seen.

I will some put some more photos up as promised.

Thank you Kas for making selling my Subaru a miserable memory, never again.
Old 22 September 2013, 10:42 PM
robjenko
Scooby Regular

the picture in brads garage of the nearside doesnt look too bad.
https://www.scoobynet.com/members/pr...ia1-20947.html
Old 22 September 2013, 10:43 PM
Prodrive Brad
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by grey_boy
Photos taken on a sunday when it's closed....sharlatans!

Using the race card is unbelievable too...let's face it, you are trying to rip off another forum MEMBER douchey
Sorry, but were you present at the viewing?

Using the race card IS unbelievable, but I didn't say 'you white people are all the same' - I was left shocked, angry and extremely offended.

If I was trying to rip someone off, I wouldn't have put so much detail in the advert and would be asking for a lot more money!

Perhaps you would like to read it before accusing and insulting me further.
Old 22 September 2013, 11:10 PM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Prodrive Brad
Sorry, but were you present at the viewing?

Using the race card IS unbelievable, but I didn't say 'you white people are all the same' - I was left shocked, angry and extremely offended.

If I was trying to rip someone off, I wouldn't have put so much detail in the advert and would be asking for a lot more money!

Perhaps you would like to read it before accusing and insulting me further.
Can't please everyone mate , don't take it to deep. It's just a forum . I know this whole situation wont help selling your car but it will sell elsewhere eventually for the right person. This whole situation is only known by you and Kas . This whole jumping on the band wagon thing is disgusting really , they can *** right off too , no one knows what has happened there and then. If you think its your truth put the close up pics for us to see . Everyone's mint is not the same so that would help to clear this mess.

Old 23 September 2013, 12:50 AM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Well this has got a bit emotive.

OP - just 17 posts in a year. Not exactly enthusiast material is it?
Oh - and YOU brought the race card into it, Kas didn't.

But as a few of our fellow members have said, you can put all our minds at rest, simply by posting the asked for pictures.

Imo that's all you need to do. They'll speak for themselves, and hopefully volumes for you (and your dad).

Quick Reply: Buyer ALERT, WARNING - eBay Item Number 200965600982