ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Wynford Motors

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2013, 07:48 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wynford Motors

As the title says has anyone used or have experience of the above dealers? Think they are based in Birmingham. They have a decent stock but all seem to be photographed in a driveway?
Old 04 September 2013, 09:58 AM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

You'd be surprised how many 'virtual' businesses there are ie. no premises etc. but still look the part - website, invoices etc.

They are however listed as having a Unit on an Ind Estate (called, remarkably 'Wynford') and are a limited company, possibly 'owned'/run by two brothers (surnames of the directors are the same). Been going since 2011.

On the face of it a bog standard car dealing business (whether that's good or bad is not for me to say )

I can't find anything bad said about them (nor anything good but that's par for the course I suppose).

I'd suggest that you put up a link etc. to the car(s) you're looking at and let everyone pick them over, as usual.
Old 04 September 2013, 07:58 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Cheers for that, i emailed them asking about a RS but have not recieved a reply. Guess their too busy for my business. This is one of the cars i was looking at.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...--2009/1581868
Old 05 September 2013, 12:40 AM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by theboy
Cheers for that, i emailed them asking about a RS but have not recieved a reply. Guess their too busy for my business. This is one of the cars i was looking at.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...--2009/1581868
OOPS !!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, wry humour apart, I don't think it would help asking for advice on an RS on this forum.

I gather these are 'mean machines' but that's far more money than a **** hot 2009 scooby which would probably slay it, if not totally speedwise certainly in time between two points not in a straight line.

I've a rare (and therefore highly priced) MY55 that cost less and on paper would kill that.

Not being macho, but stating a fact.

There's £11K scoobies with 20% more BHP, and a lot more grip etc.

Not being funny, but are you looking for a machine that's modern and the 'in thing' (in which case I can't disagree with your choice) or one of the best-performing (as in speed and handling) cars that in my experience you'll ever drive?

You'll obviously be test driving whatever you look at.
If it's the RS then I'll very strongly suggest that you test drive a scooby as well, so you can compare them, bang for buck.

It might just save you a fair bit of money.

If you do have a look at a scooby start a new thread asking for advice - we get lots every week.

Finally, good luck with the hunt.