Old 19 August 2013, 11:48 AM
AndyUkImpreza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know this car ??? 2006 black hawk eye wrx - **06 ERJ

Thinking of buying & Just wondered if anyone on here knew this car
Reg ends in ERJ - Had a fortune spent on engine at RA Motorsport

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Imp...item4ac827476d

Last edited by AndyUkImpreza; 19 August 2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 19 August 2013, 12:28 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

I don't know the car.

I have to say however that things don't seem to add up.

It's in for £5,500 or offers and he starts the description by saying he'll accept £4,250. Apparently it's £2,250 to get the work done, so £6,500 in total makes it attractive.

However, why would the insurance write it off?
If there's only cosmetic damage surely they'd agree the repair?

I'd definitely HPI it and see what Cat it's down as.

This could well be a case on someone down on their luck and being totally genuine but I also try to stick to the adage that if it seems too good to be true then it probably is.

IMO ask a lot of searching questions and I hope the answers enable you to make a good decision.
Old 19 August 2013, 12:38 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

If it was that easy to fix, he would do it himself.

Walk away and find a minter. They are out there.
Old 19 August 2013, 04:00 PM
AndyUkImpreza
Scooby Regular

Thanks for comments guys.
its a cat C so needs a vic, The £2250 was a quote for damage repairing and a full paint, Surely it's worth 4k with a 8k engine build 500 miles ago from RA Motorsport with receipts etc, the damage doesn't bother me too much as I can repair myself
Old 19 August 2013, 04:41 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

If you're skilled enough to do the work then you would probably be able to see if there's anything else amiss.

It is worth far more than £6.5k, but then its history will knock any future selling price back as well.
To be absolutely blunt, if you did it up and sold it (quickly) and a prospective purchaser came on here asking questions -as you have - they'd be told 'why has it been sold so quickly after being repaired'.
If of course you sort it and have a decent time enjoying it that's a different kettle of fish.

It is possible that he's after a very quick sale, given the unfortunate circumstances but breaking would be a nightmare I assume.

As you can see, there's so many ifs and buts it's difficult to know what to do.
I certainly wouldn't give you advice on what to decide, just how to go about making the decision I suppose.
Old 19 August 2013, 10:45 PM
AndyUkImpreza
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LuckyWelshchap
If you're skilled enough to do the work then you would probably be able to see if there's anything else amiss.

It is worth far more than £6.5k, but then its history will knock any future selling price back as well.
To be absolutely blunt, if you did it up and sold it (quickly) and a prospective purchaser came on here asking questions -as you have - they'd be told 'why has it been sold so quickly after being repaired'.
If of course you sort it and have a decent time enjoying it that's a different kettle of fish.

It is possible that he's after a very quick sale, given the unfortunate circumstances but breaking would be a nightmare I assume.

As you can see, there's so many ifs and buts it's difficult to know what to do.
I certainly wouldn't give you advice on what to decide, just how to go about making the decision I suppose.
I agree if i was buying with a view to make some quick cash it would be a bad idea with it being a Cat C, reason im so tempted is ive been playing with the idea of having my blob eye fully forged to the same sort of spec but would end up having a car that stands me at around 10k after build

like you say there are a lot of ifs and buts / pro's an cons, but as long as the cars not damaged too extensive then once repaired/painted taxed & vic'd and end up with a forged 06 scooby for around 5k which is less than it would cost to do same to my 05 Blob

I think best thing is to take the 5 hour trip with an open mind and the will to walk away if alarm bells start ringing........

this is the blob i have at the min which ive listed on ebay to test the water and if it sells it sells if not it can stay here and be used as an everyday car and if! i buy the black hawk eye that can be my weekend toy :-)

Old 19 August 2013, 11:07 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

ive had and bought cat c and ds in the past but you can never trade them in

Trending Topics

Old 20 August 2013, 01:52 AM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AndyUkImpreza
I agree if i was buying with a view to make some quick cash it would be a bad idea with it being a Cat C, reason im so tempted is ive been playing with the idea of having my blob eye fully forged to the same sort of spec but would end up having a car that stands me at around 10k after build

like you say there are a lot of ifs and buts / pro's an cons, but as long as the cars not damaged too extensive then once repaired/painted taxed & vic'd and end up with a forged 06 scooby for around 5k which is less than it would cost to do same to my 05 Blob

I think best thing is to take the 5 hour trip with an open mind and the will to walk away if alarm bells start ringing........

this is the blob i have at the min which ive listed on ebay to test the water and if it sells it sells if not it can stay here and be used as an everyday car and if! i buy the black hawk eye that can be my weekend toy :-)

Nice looking car.

Have you advertised it on here?

And I think Nick172's given good experience - difficult to sell Cat C & D's.

Good luck with the viewing.
Hope it works out right for you.
Old 20 August 2013, 09:56 AM
AndyUkImpreza
Scooby Regular

Thanks again very much for your advise
If I do buy it ill be keeping it for a fair few years and tend to sell all my cars from my unit instead of trading in as they only offer peanuts anyway,
Cars advertised on ebay only at the min, how much is it to advertise on here do you know
Thanks
Andy
Old 20 August 2013, 10:31 AM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AndyUkImpreza
Thanks again very much for your advise
If I do buy it ill be keeping it for a fair few years and tend to sell all my cars from my unit instead of trading in as they only offer peanuts anyway,
Cars advertised on ebay only at the min, how much is it to advertise on here do you know
Thanks
Andy
£4 for a month, according to this bit of the site: https://www.scoobynet.com/payments.php (Private Ad)

Which reminds me, I always meant to get a subscription.

Next job, I think !

Cheers.