Hello again

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2013, 05:44 PM
Danzul
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello again

Hi folks,
Sorry for saying hi then disappearing a little while ago.
As some of you may remember i announced that i had managed to find a classic shape impreza for just 200 quid.
https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...ys-newbie.html

After taking into consideration every ones advise i decided that just turbo'ing the sport engine was the wrong way to go with the car.

As it happens a 280bhp VR4 engine came my way with both turbos very cheap indeed, even better its out of a friends car which was running 350bhp before removal and so i know it is a good engine.

This all suits me as i wanted to do something different and challanging.

I am going to upgrade all the running gear and keep the subaru box which will bolt up to the new engine with the adapter plate we are having made up.
To get a working clutch we are using a mitsi evo 4 lightened flywheel. and a mixture of impreza and FTO clutch parts. (i cant remember the what is what but its all written down in the garage if any one wants to know ill post up later.)

Currently the car is stripped minus the drivers seat and a small amount of that horrible hard glued on sound deadening. with the body repairs almost complete. (work commitments slowing my down.)

The only issue i am having is that the bell housing sits to far into the engine bay. so the prop will need shortening and the mounts redesigning/ modifying to mover the gearbox and engine further back into the center of the car. This will hopefully give me more room for pipe work and cooling as well as better weight distribution. ( i hope)