Sponsored by:

Stupid Question

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2013, 08:22 PM
Graylen
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Question

I know this seems like a stupid question, but I'm gonna be buying a new sti here pretty soon and I was looking at mods and I was particularly interested in the Stage 2 Cobb Tune Package for like 2 grand online.
Am I right in thinking that I can buy this for my stock car and install the downpipe, catback, and AP and it will be considered stage 2 then?
Also, if that is what it means, would recommend going that route as a start to modding this car?
Old 17 August 2013, 08:28 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Forget the stage one, stage two package malarkey. It usually is more expensive and you'd be better off buying the components individually and then getting the car mapped. Do some research, see what others have done. Arm yourself with as much info and knowledge as possible THEN go spend your hard earned cash.
Old 17 August 2013, 08:31 PM
Graylen
Scooby Newbie

Alright, thank you sir. Thats what I'm trying to do!
Old 17 August 2013, 08:33 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Forget the stage one, stage two package malarkey. It usually is more expensive and you'd be better off buying the components individually and then getting the car mapped. Do some research, see what others have done. Arm yourself with as much info and knowledge as possible THEN go spend your hard earned cash.
^ Ditto
Old 17 August 2013, 09:17 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Graylen
I know this seems like a stupid question, but I'm gonna be buying a new sti here pretty soon and I was looking at mods and I was particularly interested in the Stage 2 Cobb Tune Package for like 2 grand online.
Am I right in thinking that I can buy this for my stock car and install the downpipe, catback, and AP and it will be considered stage 2 then?
Also, if that is what it means, would recommend going that route as a start to modding this car?
Do lots of reading on this site and ask lots of question on here and you won't go far wrong. Do your research first and buy later is a good motto!
Old 17 August 2013, 09:24 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Do lots of reading on this site and ask lots of question on here and you won't go far wrong. Do your research first and buy later is a good motto!
Yeah, good advice. also have a clear picture what you want from the car and how you're going to use it. Once you have decided what you want / need ,stick to it. Changing your mind half way through can end up costing far more with the end result not being the best all round package.
Old 17 August 2013, 10:35 PM
Graylen
Scooby Newbie

Alright, ill definently be back here in a month or so when i actually have her.