Sponsored by:

Undesirables outside scouting scooby

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2013, 09:40 AM
Trevban
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Undesirables outside scouting scooby

It's just gone 9.30am and already have 2 undesirables outside scouting my new scooby and my house, once they clocked that I was watching them they pulled down a few doors down the street! I know they are not our usual scooby enthusiasts/general decent folk as the passenger is sat drinking a can of Heineken! If any one sees a black / dark grey Renault megane in the bristol area checking out your scoob, beware, they are obviously dull scummy ***tards.
Old 15 August 2013, 09:55 AM
rudi93
Scooby Regular

What part of Bristol mate?
Old 15 August 2013, 10:34 AM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trevban
It's just gone 9.30am and already have 2 undesirables outside scouting my new scooby and my house, once they clocked that I was watching them they pulled down a few doors down the street! I know they are not our usual scooby enthusiasts/general decent folk as the passenger is sat drinking a can of Heineken! If any one sees a black / dark grey Renault megane in the bristol area checking out your scoob, beware, they are obviously dull scummy ***tards.
Welcome to the forum Trev.

Did you get the reg no?
Police might be interested.
Old 15 August 2013, 10:52 AM
Trevban
Scooby Newbie

Brentry, bristol mate. Yes I got the reg, and a nice photo although it doesn't show their faces very clearly. Just paid and activated the tracker, only had the car since Monday! Lol
Old 15 August 2013, 10:59 AM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Brentry, bristol mate. Yes I got the reg, and a nice photo although it doesn't show their faces very clearly. Just paid and activated the tracker, only had the car since Monday! Lol
All alarmed up ???

Id nip out and get yourself a decent steering lock too, anything you can do to make the thieves work a little harder will help.
I'd also make sure you hide your keys up tonight and make the house as secure as possible. Even simple things like a motion activated outside light and a couple of dummy cameras help. All cheap stuff too but quite disheartening for most would be car thieves.
Old 15 August 2013, 11:00 AM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

It might be worthwhile giving 101 a quick call.
Acting suspiciously and with alcohol in the car.

Chances are that they'll pass at least one police car today, and might get pulled.
Old 15 August 2013, 11:27 AM
rudi93
Scooby Regular

Get on to the rozzers mate. A friend had his scoob taken from filton in a burglary and it was driven round southmead/brentry area for 3 days.

Trending Topics

Old 15 August 2013, 12:45 PM
Trevban
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the advice guys, I will pass on the details to 101 and keep the keys safely with me at all times. It does have thatch am cat1 alarm/immob but not sure how easy they could disarm it. More worried about them towing it off the drive but at least I stand a chance with a tracker. ;-)
Old 15 August 2013, 12:49 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

Just stand on the doorstep casually polishing a baseball bat with some Mr Sheen.
Old 15 August 2013, 01:00 PM
XDevil666
Scooby Regular

I keep thinking about one of those trackers that disarm the car around a mile away if the right code isn't pressed in time.

Been fortunate with mine, I leave mine in the so called worst areas, luckly nothing has been touched yet
Old 15 August 2013, 01:22 PM
selhurstscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
All alarmed up ???

Id nip out and get yourself a decent steering lock too, anything you can do to make the thieves work a little harder will help.
I'd also make sure you hide your keys up tonight and make the house as secure as possible. Even simple things like a motion activated outside light and a couple of dummy cameras help. All cheap stuff too but quite disheartening for most would be car thieves.
I fully agree with most of what MattyB1983 says apart from hiding your car keys. If these scummers are that determined to break in and take the keys they will have no problem with waking you up to ask where they are.... Let them take the car; protect yourself and family the insurance will pay out (check with your insurer, mine does).
Old 15 August 2013, 02:00 PM
Keithys
Scooby Regular

How much did that cost mine has a tracker but i dont know how to go about getting it activated
Old 15 August 2013, 02:07 PM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get down to Halfords and get yourself a disklok for the steering wheel, it puts thieves off straight way!

£60 well spent IMO
Old 15 August 2013, 02:07 PM
mfnick
Scooby Regular

I'm worried about this when I get my Scoob too. But wouldn't have anything if I worried about it getting stolen and/or vandalised so its just one of those risks we have to take.
Ill defo be getting a steering and gear lock for mine as a deterrent. All you can do really. And yea definitely report it.
Old 15 August 2013, 02:33 PM
Trevban
Scooby Newbie

Keith's, tracker was already fitted, not sure where though. I had a tracker pack with the car with a form and number to call to subscribe to the tracker service. It cost me £149 to subscribe plus a £30 set up/administration fee. I am now protected. If it gets stolen I have to phone police and tracker company and they will activate the tracker unit, the information from tracker is sent to all 53 police forces around uk according to the document pack. I'm a little more relaxed now but will get the steering lock that LJF advised too. Thanks again guys ;-)
Old 15 August 2013, 02:35 PM
Trevban
Scooby Newbie

I may invest in a nice shiny bat too, lol
Old 15 August 2013, 02:36 PM
Donnie Brasco 46
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithys
How much did that cost mine has a tracker but i dont know how to go about getting it activated
You probably have a RAC Trackstar. You'll need the certificate of installation I think, just rung em up and they'll do the rest. If you're the new owner you'll need to send then proof that its yours (copy of v5 will do) pay £145 and bobs your uncle...
Old 15 August 2013, 02:40 PM
Trevban
Scooby Newbie

Mine is a company called TRACKER but my mate is with RAC trackstar Keith, I believe the RAC one is a very good package and does far more than mine mate
Old 15 August 2013, 02:55 PM
Keithys
Scooby Regular

Mine is TRACKER aswell mate got the paperwork but cant find out how much it is
Old 15 August 2013, 03:24 PM
Trevban
Scooby Newbie

Hey Keith, try this sales number and ask for Laura turner, she sorted it all out for me earlier, only needed my reg mate. 0500 090909
Old 15 August 2013, 03:32 PM
blackhawksti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
All alarmed up ???

On the above note; Would you rather be woken up by intruders in the middle of the night demanding your keys, or leave them in a place where they can be found? I leave my keys away from the letter box, but somewhere obvious should any one break in. Whilst I love my car, I'd much rather ensure the safety of my family and let them run with the keys, than have intruders in a bedroom in the middle of the night!! Might be worth considering.....
Old 15 August 2013, 03:41 PM
Keithys
Scooby Regular

Hey Keith, try this sales number and ask for Laura turner, she sorted it all out for me earlier, only needed my reg mate. 0500 090909
Brill thanks trev
Old 15 August 2013, 04:15 PM
Trevban
Scooby Newbie

I hear what your saying, my family does come first mate :-)

Plus the mrs being woken unexpectedly is bad news for all of us! Lol
Old 15 August 2013, 05:57 PM
chrishigham
Scooby Regular

When i had my evo 6 my house got burgled for the keys. I went out stuidly fogot to shut the curtains and left the lights off , so they could see no one is home. Now im a lot more careful
Old 15 August 2013, 11:13 PM
Trevban
Scooby Newbie

Cheers for all the advice, I couldn't get to Halfords for steering lock today as I was working so I have boxed him into the drive using the trusty old celica as the block. lol
Old 16 August 2013, 12:45 AM
mnem1c
Scooby Regular

Its a shame Halfords don't sell ED209's
Old 16 August 2013, 06:43 AM
dazzaturbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by blackhawksti
On the above note; Would you rather be woken up by intruders in the middle of the night demanding your keys, or leave them in a place where they can be found? I leave my keys away from the letter box, but somewhere obvious should any one break in. Whilst I love my car, I'd much rather ensure the safety of my family and let them run with the keys, than have intruders in a bedroom in the middle of the night!! Might be worth considering.....
I sleep with a meat cleaver next to my bed, if somebody comes in my house they had better have a gun or they will be getting chopped up
Old 16 August 2013, 06:52 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Park it at a friends for a few nights.

I always wanted a snap off steering wheel. Park the car down the street and have the wheel indoors.
Old 16 August 2013, 10:48 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by mrmadcap
Just stand on the doorstep casually polishing a baseball bat with some Mr Sheen.
Polishing your bat on the doorstep?
Is that a euphemism for something else.
Old 16 August 2013, 11:11 AM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by mnem1c
Its a shame Halfords don't sell ED209's

"You...have...20...seconds...to...comply."

Quick Reply: Undesirables outside scouting scooby