Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement key (still struggling)

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2013, 09:55 AM
Bezza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement key (still struggling)

Still struggling with a replacement key guys,

got a 1 button key, where the imobalisers built into the central locking (aparently that makes it harder) ive been told they key can be cloned easily enough but every where ive been seems to be struggerling with imobaliser.

if anyone knows anywhere in the east sussex area or anywhere in central london (if they can do it with just the key not the car) then id be truly grateful.

Subaru have quoted 235 + VAT

Thanks in advance
Old 11 July 2013, 10:11 AM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy a 2nd hand key fob off a breaker/eBay with the transponder in, Get a new uncut blade off eBay and then get it programmed, Should be less than £100 all in.
Old 11 July 2013, 10:41 AM
Bezza
Scooby Regular

really not meaning to sound rude or anything, but have you tried this, worried ill spend out a load of cash n it wont work. will any 1 button subaru impreza key work,
cheers Ross
Old 11 July 2013, 12:18 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes if it's the same key fob there should be no problem, I presume if its a 1 button fob it's from a blob eye or later, Speak to a mapper or key programmer before to check but I know people that have done it yes.
Old 11 July 2013, 12:21 PM
cobra_mark
Scooby Regular

I got a one button key off of ebay, used a service also on ebay to photo the blade to get a new one cut then the tricky bit was to fit the new blade as the old one is formed in the plastic around the base of the key. I managed that then got the key programmed to the cars security but the immoboliser still didn't work. So can get into the car and have a handy spare but not much else. Considering Subaru charge £100 plus for a new key, its worth the risk since all in all it only cost me £35 all in.
Old 11 July 2013, 02:08 PM
chet123
Scooby Regular

probably off topic here but my wifes renault clio when bought came with one key. After owning the car for a couple of years I noticed that under my home insurance there was a policy which covered lost car or house keys. They would also change locks and re-programme immobilsies and supply original keys.

I made a claim (well didnt count as an inurance claim) and a locksmith came out the next day with an original renault key - initially he had problems re-programming the key but finally got it sorted the following day.

When I enquired at main dealers it was £185 +vat for a re-programmed replacement key. We know have the original key which came with the car and spare key.

Check if something like this is available for you. For all they know you lost both your subaru keys didnt you. Long shot but thought i'd shed some light in what is possible
Old 12 July 2013, 02:33 PM
Bezza
Scooby Regular

defo look into the house insurance, thanks for that.
with regards to subaru charging £100+ try £200+ got qoted £225 + vat for a fully working programed key. i need a spare as not risking just having one but want one that will do everything rather than just get me in. id be happy with £150. will just have to keep looking.