moral dilemma, what would you do? -veysport performance

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2013, 04:26 PM
ollyit
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moral dilemma, what would you do? -veysport performance

Hi Guys,

this is sort my fault for letting so much time pass, however I seek your advice please chaps,

I have a new exceedy fitted as the old one was really bad, Andy at veysport (veywood) did a really quick turnaround like half day or something epic from doing it underneath using the ramps or something anyway, I've had a wheel bearing done by him too, again great price, and I was really impressed with knowledge down to torque settings for various bolts here and there,

Sorry digressing, since the clutch change, my car has p*ssed oil every day since underneath and it's got worse recently to the point where not only am I worried, I'm embarrassed parking on friends drives now, and a concernable amount too,

I want a another noise diagnosing by someone and I'll bet he'll know what it is right away, it's around 50 odd miles from my house -(so 100 miles round trip) the oil leak only happened since it was all disturbed during the clutch change, was something else not replaced at the same time does anyone think? Please everyone don’t think I'm having a pop at Andy, as he's a sound guy, but where do I stand as I was told when I mentioned it when I got home, he said it would stop and there was a blowback of oil or something, I don’t know what that means and still don’t, I was just under the impression it would stop as I trust him, it hasn’t, what would you guys do? I've sent an email and had no reply which I can understand as where all human and he's probably busy - I fear it might be another big job which means a days leave for me, and there's nothing to do at all in that neck of the woods, I even went to the local library there I was so bored!

Any advice would be great thanks all -

Email sent below -

Olly

----------------------------

Sent: 10 September 2012 16:58
To: Andy Vey (andy@veysport.com)
Subject: more potential work

Hi Andy,

Hope business is booming for you -

Just wanted to bounce this off you – still have my green uk turbo wagon Scooby (127k now)

Exceed Clutch is still great thanks. Could be some work coming your way if you’re up for it, I’m in no rush and this
Is the early stages really, I think, but not 100% and haven’t had actual diagnosis my transfer box is making a racket, constant whine especially when a warm, that goes in motion with wheel speed whether in gear or not, and has got louder

If this is the bearings in the transfer box – what do you propose? Me sourcing something off Scooby net forums (complete unit) from a low mileage car being broken or is there something you can do like replace the bearings…. I just don’t know

Thanks again andy

Regards

Olly

- Its still leaking oil since the clutch job but I’ve just come to live with it and makes me do regular oil changes anyway… maybe we could look at that at the same time… not urgent just a bit embarrassing on peoples drives!

 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Last edited by ollyit; 29 May 2013 at 04:28 PM.
Old 29 May 2013, 06:34 PM
JdcTypeR
Scooby Regular

I had a similar problem a few years back, I changed my clutch and noticed oil around the bellhousing and subframe and some had carboned on the bell housing.
I cleaned it up as it wasnt major and after the job it literally pissed out oil dripping everywhere, took the box back out couldnt tell where it was coming from so replaced the rear main and resealed the oil seperator but it still leaked.
I pulled the engine and pressurised the oil ways but could not find the leak. I ended up going a forged 2.5.
I know it doesnt help much.
If it still has the plastic style oil seperator cover they were prone to causing leaks.
Old 29 May 2013, 06:40 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Phone him and have a chat.
Old 29 May 2013, 07:13 PM
his-n-her-scoobs
Scooby Regular

So is it engine oil or gearbox oil?

Old 29 May 2013, 07:22 PM
type-rob
Scooby Regular

I second calling the chap
Old 29 May 2013, 07:27 PM
Frenchwood
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by type-rob
I second calling the chap
3rd.

Give him a ring and ask for some advice. May be something really simple, and if he's as decent a chap as you mention, he's likely to say if he thinks its a mistake he's made and will rectify.

I would if someone did that with me pal.
Old 29 May 2013, 07:29 PM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

Second on the seperator cover.