Sponsored by:

Recommend/Find me a Down Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2013, 06:43 PM
Fonzey
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recommend/Find me a Down Pipe

Hi All, I've slowly been replacing parts to replace my exhaust system with the exception of the PPP backbox, because I'd quite like to keep that.

Car is a 2005 STI w/ PPP so had a Prodrive Sports cat, decat, centre, backbox.

I've been looking to replace the second (de)cat pipe and centre section because my existing ones are a bit knackered, and the join has been bodged a few times to fix a leak.

I sourced both the 2.5" Afterburner centre section (deresonated) and 2.5" afterburner second (de)cat pipe, hoping they would mate up nicely with my PPP backbox and PPP sports cat.

Unfortunately, as I would probably have found if I'd have researched properly first - my two afterburner parts won't connect up to my sports cat because they're about a foot too short, and the PPP sports cat ends on a 45degrees angle rather than coming down and ending horizontally in line with the rest of the system.

Hopefully some of that makes sense, but I'm now looking for a downpipe to "complete" my system. I may consider complete decat as I'm having service/MOT next month at Richard Henry and I was going to sort a remap out at roughly the same time. I could get my MOT done with the current system, (hopefully) pass emissions with the sports cat and then have them install the new system and have Andrew Carr remap me, giving a year of decat performance before having to re-evaluate!

Can anybody recommend either a decat to "fit my gap" or an alternative sports cat which won't break the bank (they seem very expensive) and will fit the gap?

Cheers in advance...