Sponsored by:

Road trip to buy a scooby - fail

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2013, 10:15 PM
staccato
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road trip to buy a scooby - fail

My brother has sold his financed car to help free some funds for a house purchase. He's bought a 2k MG ZS 180 which he hates after only a few weeks, so I've been convincing him to buy a scooby.

We saw this yesterday http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3309055679...84.m1423.l2649 and it seemed so good we drove 270 miles to see it, with a very good intention to buy for an agreed 'over the phone' £2700. When we got there we were disappointed with the ebay description - the interior had obviously been smoked in for a decade, everything was grubby and torn and the big no no was there was a soaking wet beach towel in the spare wheel recess in the boot. Front lights had been bodged with DRLs and the front brake calipers were odd colours for some reason.

It had just had an engine rebuild yet had been fitted with a manky old cone air filter and some bodged on dump valve, and the intercooler looked like someone had hit it repeatedly with a hammer - all a bit of a last minute bodge for a rebuilt engine.

So despite the massive journey we walked away from it.

Any ideas of what he could now buy for between 2 and 4k would be good. Something fairly iconic and faster than an MG ZS

On the plus side I got 32mpg from my hatch and used £115 of v-power for the journey

Last edited by staccato; 12 April 2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12 April 2013, 10:47 PM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A VERY tidy classic, or a not bad Newage WRX