Brand new pro race 1.2 defect

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2013, 02:34 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand new pro race 1.2 defect

Check this out guys.....

My brand new alloys. Woke up is morning and one of my brand new, only fitted yesterday, tyres was flat. Took it down to the garage, couldn't find a leak, pumped it up, seemed to be ok. It was decided that there may have been an air leak because it was a brand new rim and tyre. However, because it was driven down almost flat, this may have heated it up and sealed it. Fair enough!!

Anyway, got home, started cleaning the car. Put some water on one of the wheels.......noticed the water / shampoo mix was bubbling slightly! Found this on closer inspection......

Tiny pin-***** hole that goes through the wheel, letting out quite a bit of air!!

Pretty peed off but I guess it's one of those things and nobody's fault! Currently sorting it out!

Will keep you all updated in case it happens to anyone else!
Old 05 April 2013, 05:25 PM
staccato
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peedee
Check this out guys.....

My brand new alloys. Woke up is morning and one of my brand new, only fitted yesterday, tyres was flat. Took it down to the garage, couldn't find a leak, pumped it up, seemed to be ok. It was decided that there may have been an air leak because it was a brand new rim and tyre. However, because it was driven down almost flat, this may have heated it up and sealed it. Fair enough!!

Anyway, got home, started cleaning the car. Put some water on one of the wheels.......noticed the water / shampoo mix was bubbling slightly! Found this on closer inspection......

Tiny pin-***** hole that goes through the wheel, letting out quite a bit of air!!

Pretty peed off but I guess it's one of those things and nobody's fault! Currently sorting it out!

Will keep you all updated in case it happens to anyone else!
Rimstock (owners of Team Dynamics) will probably ask you to send it back for repair/replace. Be careful - I did that once and my £200 pirelli pzero rosso tyre was shredded when I got it back. The rim protectors were all cut up and I had slits in the tyre walls. I sent the wheel to them covered in about 2 inches of bubble wrap. They sent it back with one piece of cardboard over the face of the wheel. Just take lots of photos before-hand for your own protection
Old 05 April 2013, 07:56 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by staccato
Rimstock (owners of Team Dynamics) will probably ask you to send it back for repair/replace. Be careful - I did that once and my £200 pirelli pzero rosso tyre was shredded when I got it back. The rim protectors were all cut up and I had slits in the tyre walls. I sent the wheel to them covered in about 2 inches of bubble wrap. They sent it back with one piece of cardboard over the face of the wheel. Just take lots of photos before-hand for your own protection
What was the reason you had to send yours back?

Got is sorted today. They are sending me out a new wheel which will be here next Tuesday, then they are going to pick the defected wheel up on the Wednesday, giving me a day to get the tyre changed over. Can't really argue with that to be fair!
Old 06 April 2013, 11:33 AM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although I don't know what set checks are done, and a pressure test seens obvious, it shouldn't have got through quality control in the first place!

JohnD
Old 06 April 2013, 01:27 PM
staccato
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peedee
What was the reason you had to send yours back?

Got is sorted today. They are sending me out a new wheel which will be here next Tuesday, then they are going to pick the defected wheel up on the Wednesday, giving me a day to get the tyre changed over. Can't really argue with that to be fair!
I kerbed one so I sent it back for a proper manufacturer repair thinking you can't get any better than sending it back to the actual maker
Old 06 April 2013, 05:15 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JohnD
Although I don't know what set checks are done, and a pressure test seens obvious, it shouldn't have got through quality control in the first place!

JohnD
Exactly what I was thinking. I'm going to write to Team Dynamics, asking them how this wheel made it onto the shelves. I've never even heard of / seen this before tbh
Old 06 April 2013, 06:23 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

That's why the pesky foreigners charge £300+ per wheel...

LOL

dunx