Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quentin Says its coming soon.....

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2002, 09:14 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daily Mirror got my mate Pops all hot and bothered today. Don't know why because he's got one of them Sports in the old shape Impreza. Still, old Quentin Wilson says that the dear old refresh Subaru is up for a facelift. Hope its a better job than they did on my ex missus.Anyone else heard cos I quite like the bugs eyes..Regards Blutes

my spelling is getting worse in my pensioning years

[Edited by bluto22b - 5/17/2002 9:17:11 PM]
Old 17 May 2002, 11:53 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

Check out i bring the news 2 the people aint i gr8
Si
Old 18 May 2002, 12:19 AM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Wink

did they say that they were abandoning turbos too and making the sport top of the range
Old 18 May 2002, 09:27 AM
nigelward
Scooby Regular

Talking

Nope turbos will remain, but the WRX will be powered by a 600cc three cylinder turbo diesel.

Subaru are still tuning the final power, torque, and performance figures for the facelift model but expect it to be similar to the outgoing model.

Subaru have managed to incorporate spark plugs and two carburretors per cylinder into the design to lift the performance of the engine by improving the efficiency of combustion.

To keep charge temperatures down the coolant from an old fridge has been used and is powered by a compressor that is driven directly from the engine's crank shaft.

Subaru currently have an issue with engine vibration and are finding it difficult to balance the flat 3 engine.

http://www.sun.co.uk

Yawn

Nigel
Old 18 May 2002, 08:27 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

Angry

You are making fun now. I am trying to be serious.....Blutes
Old 18 May 2002, 10:26 PM
simonma
Scooby Regular

Wednesday 15th May 2002

Bug Eyes Axed On Impreza

ake a long, hard look at this latest Subaru Impreza – because you won't see its like again. The most outrageous road-going version ever, it's the last to feature the controversial bug-eyed looks that drew huge criticism when we revealed them in Issue 616 in October 2000.

Bosses have confirmed the high-performance four-wheel-drive machine has been secretly facelifted, axing the front end far earlier than expected. The new car will make its debut at the Paris Motor Show in September before it goes on sale in the UK next January. Full details about the redesign remain a closely guarded secret, but insiders have hinted there will be a new nose. The model seen here is the all-new WRX S202. Launched in Japan this week, the limited-edition machine offers an astounding 315bhp from its modified 2.0-litre engine, thanks to high-lift camshafts and a reworked turbo. Based on the Japan-only

WRX RA Type C – 90kg lighter than the standard WRX – it promises to prove substantially faster than the current STi flagship. There are no plans to bring this car to the UK, but it looks certain that the facelifted model will be tuned by Prodrive next year.

Meanwhile, Subaru engineers are working flat-out on their most powerful car ever. It's an STi-tuned twin-turbo Legacy, to be called the B4 STi. Peter Lyon

Comments: 3 Article from: Auto Express

Old 19 May 2002, 12:57 AM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yawn catch up u not read my thread
SI