Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subaru refuse my claim.

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2001, 07:05 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are they getting tight. Never had this type of problem before. Went to my dealer the other day as the stitching on my rear seat has come away leaving a 6” split. The parts manager told me they would not cover this under warrantee. The car can stay like it and when I sale it, most probably to them they can put the new seat in. Subaru are getting worse not better, sorry I sold my MY98.
Old 24 April 2001, 07:31 PM
Stevie
Scooby Regular

Bob, that's pants. Sorry to hear it.

The nice new WRX mats in my WRX ( of all things ) have worn through under the clutch foot after 5000 miles, so I now have a really cheap looking mat. Will pop down to Listers on Thursday for a giggle.
Old 24 April 2001, 07:35 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

the drvers seat om my my00 is showing through already, its disgraceful . dealer has tried to say its something spilt on there( which i never have). one of the reasons i'm thinking of going beemer.
Old 24 April 2001, 08:08 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Spudgun/
Take the offer.

If I could get this type of deal for mine. I would ****** there hand off.
Old 24 April 2001, 08:11 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Bob
Persist with this - there have bee a faw probs with seats - as long as it isn't damage caused by yourself (no offence, i managed to do it myself and rip a hole!) they should sort it.

Spudgun
I believe i have the same problem and i know others have - do you mean you can see the criss cross type pattern through the material in the seat base? - if so i am the same and i am gonna try to get mine sorted by warranty - this appeared at about 18K miles.

please let me know how you get on - good luck! Paul

[This message has been edited by Paul Habgood (edited 24 April 2001).]
Old 24 April 2001, 08:27 PM
SteveB
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Bob,

You forgot to tell everyone about the normal occupant in the back of your 4 door - 5+ stone Rodesian ridgeback ! - Could have something to do with the split and probabaly not covered under warranty.

You should have taken out the doggy blanket and removed the hair and nose prints and they wouldn't have known when you tried to claim.

Get one of those better handling 5 doors next time Bob. Mines got a boot liner thingy in and a dog guard to stop the muts sliding around and damaging anything.

Steve.
Old 24 April 2001, 08:43 PM
Big Bear
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Steve
What are you trying to say that anyone/thing over 4 stone can't sit in the back . It shouldn't matter what sits in the back if the seat spilts it should be replaced .
Go on Bob fight 'em on this , see if you can get a post deleted
P.S. you should have kept bluey

Trending Topics

Old 24 April 2001, 08:47 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

The Ridgeback is part of the car is is the best alarm system I have had so far.
It is not a bite mark but just a bit of loose stitching thats come apart. The Dogs only 5 stone the dragon is 23 Stone and the front stitching does not split
Old 24 April 2001, 08:58 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by bob:
<B>The Dogs only 5 stone the dragon is 23 Stone and the front stitching does not split [/quote]

Oh dear, you'll go straight to hell for that one

Old 24 April 2001, 09:02 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Steve/
A tray in the back with a dog guard is no good for me. When I stop at the traffic lights and some b@st@rd opens the door the dog must be permitted to eat them.
This is why the nose prints are on the windows the dog tries to eat them before they even get to the car.
No wonder I'm pissed off with Subaru they could do nothing about my hesitation which cost me £1500 to put right now I have someone who is over 5 stone sat on the seat and the seats are not up to that.
My next day off and I will be going to BMW and see what they can do for me.
Old 24 April 2001, 09:12 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Well I have only owned a Subaru for 11 months, having owned Fords, Vauxhalls, Nissans - its my first EVER new car, bought new because the used values were (then) so close to new that I wanted to KNOW how it had been run in!!

My opinions so far? for anyone who cares:-

Fine, fast car with street cred

Fuel consumption is an embarrassement, before all say, well you buy a fast car .. blah ....blah ....blah - my other fast cars are NOT stupid on petrol!!

Rattles like an XR3i Convertible on a BAD day!

Puts a smile on your face because it really IS awfully good at what it does

Finally, and one of the reasons I bought into Subaru, the customer care from Subaru UK/IM is great!!!! I was told by JDPower, by Car writers, by Magazines, by everywhere .... buy a Subaru and you be treated more than fairly - imagine finding out that Subaru UK/IM refuses a genuine warranty claim?? after spending all that dosh!! I could have bought a Beemer for gods sake!! Spudgun, buy that Beemer my man - get out of this Subaru hype bollox ... cause thats what it all is ... bollox!!!! Has ANYONE ever owned a car where the underseal comes off after 9 months??????? no niether have I!!!

Look what you have done now Bob!!! got me on my old chestnut!! sorry everyone!!

Pete
Old 24 April 2001, 09:20 PM
Big Bear
Scooby Regular

Looks like this thread might get delete yet

Looks like I did the right thing and got an STI
Old 24 April 2001, 09:37 PM
SteveB
Scooby Regular

Dave,

We haven't started on you yet !

Bob/Dave,

Dogs don't just sit on seats ! They have rather large nails (on all four legs)that dig into things(seats and things) for grip to stop them falling over, most probabaly the cause of the rip in the seat - Check the small print on the warranty book - Probabaly not covered.

I certainly wouldn't put one of mine on the back seat for fear of similar damage, but then, that's why I bought a five door.

Sorry to be a party pooper here but I agree with the dealer. The rip has been caused by missuse.

Hey, i've hit my front bumper driving into the garage, do you think I could claim from IM that the bumpers wern't up it ??

Any more?

Steve.

Old 24 April 2001, 09:40 PM
SteveB
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by SteveB:
<B>Dave,

We haven't started on you yet !

Bob/Dave,

Dogs don't just sit on seats ! They have rather large nails (on all four legs)that dig into things(seats and things) for grip to stop them falling over, most probabaly the cause of the rip in the seat - Check the small print on the warranty book - Probabaly not covered.

I certainly wouldn't put one of mine on the back seat for fear of similar damage, but then, that's why I bought a five door.

Sorry to be a party pooper here but I agree with the dealer. The rip has been caused by missuse.

Hey, i've hit my front bumper driving into the garage, do you think I could claim from IM that the bumpers wern't up it ??

pslewis,
It's like a worn out record now, give it a break.

Any more?

Steve.

[/quote]

Old 24 April 2001, 09:42 PM
SteveB
Scooby Regular

Ooops,

Sorry, that was supposed to be an Edit.

Steve.
Old 24 April 2001, 09:46 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Steve/
When have I said the seat was ripped. It is not ripped it is just the stitching has undone leaving a 6" gap. With a needle and right coloured cotton I could put it right and as good as new. The same as if the bolts fell out of my engine I could also put these back but should I have to.
Old 24 April 2001, 09:50 PM
Big Bear
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by SteveB:
<B>Dogs don't just sit on seats ! They have rather large nails (on all four legs)that dig into things(seats and things) for grip to stop them falling over
[/quote]

Steve
I've had a few "dogs" in the back of my car and they've never ripped the seat
Old 24 April 2001, 09:54 PM
SteveB
Scooby Regular

Bob,

The point i'm try ing to make is, it seems highly likely that the mut has got this nail and pulled the stitching on the seat.
Why not take the rug out, cleam out the hair and snotty nose prints and ask for another opinion (Dave/Nick/Steve) ??

I would imagine you'd get a result.

Ssteve.
Old 24 April 2001, 10:01 PM
SteveB
Scooby Regular

Dave,

We all know the sort of birds you pull!

Steve.
Old 24 April 2001, 10:02 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

SteveB

Thanks for reminding me about the WRX mats
Did you get any joy in getting them replaced ?

My MY01 has a grand total of 1037 miles on it and the driver's side wrx mats are nearly $hagged. Cheam Motors had some nice P1 mats in today, but I'm not shelling out another 60 notes when these should have lasted at least a couple of years. 3 weeks isn't 'normal wear & tear' in my book.

SteveM
Old 24 April 2001, 10:04 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Angry

the base of the seat has a 'round hole' type pattern forming/formed. it looks terrible!its now starting on the passenger seat also, but is not as bad. the car has only done 3.5k miles and is 6 moths old!
also the glovebox will not close properley, there is an INCH gap at one end!this car cost a lotta dough, and the interior is shocking!
Old 24 April 2001, 10:05 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Now I know a bit about stitching on my last 3yr stretch at Horfield (Remember the car crushing incident)I started in the Mailbag shop. If one or two of my stitches came out, the bag would not fall apart. The stitches were four to the inch and each one was independent from the next. Give the lad who counts the mailbags a Mars bar and he would put you down as doing the full 20 bags a week, then you get full pay £1:40 per week.
The car seats should stand up to more than what they have.
Old 24 April 2001, 10:06 PM
SteveB
Scooby Regular

Bob,

Then give 'em hell.

Steve.

[This message has been edited by SteveB (edited 24 April 2001).]
Old 24 April 2001, 10:11 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by stevem2k:
<B>
My MY01 has a grand total of 1037 miles on it and the driver's side wrx mats are nearly $hagged. [/quote]

I don't know -- you owners of UK-supplied cars going on about how much better your warranty is, then first of all Bob's claim is refused then your mats are knackered. Another plus for the parallel importer -- my 'Autobedrijf Gertjan Van der Velde' mats are still fine after 1.5 years and 40k miles

Mind you, I seem to have lost the top half of the little locating peg

[This message has been edited by carl (edited 24 April 2001).]
Old 24 April 2001, 10:13 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Oops. Double post

[This message has been edited by carl (edited 24 April 2001).]
Old 24 April 2001, 10:21 PM
Big Bear
Scooby Regular

Wink

Bob
Use some of your legendary skills and send that car of yours to the crusher then get a proper car .
Old 24 April 2001, 11:13 PM
GTJ
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by spudgun:
<B>the base of the seat has a 'round hole' type pattern forming/formed. it looks terrible!its now starting on the passenger seat also, but is not as bad. the car has only done 3.5k miles and is 6 moths old!
also the glovebox will not close properley, there is an INCH gap at one end!this car cost a lotta dough, and the interior is shocking! [/quote]

Spudgun,

I had the same problem with the seats. After many discussions with my dealer and the Dutch Subaru Importer I went to a different dealership. They explained me that the problem with the seats was DIRT??
I didn't believe them, but they showed me with an normal interior cleaner that the problem could be fixed. They gave me the cleaner and I gave it a try. Surprisingly it really worked out fine. Still strange IMHO, my old cars didn't needed that much attention.

Gert-Jan
Old 25 April 2001, 12:12 PM
Stevie
Scooby Regular

Stevem2k,

I have not taken the car down to Listers yet. I will try and take my comedy mats in before the end of the week and let you know how I get on. Sorry to have reminded you.