Sponsored by:

Pmb performance

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2013, 10:37 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pmb performance

Can someone enlighten me on this company supposed to be picking up a jdm 6 speed tommorow and read some nasty things about them !
Old 07 March 2013, 10:38 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Do they sell second hand parts in Lincolnshire?
Old 08 March 2013, 01:08 AM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

Yes from boston
Old 08 March 2013, 05:44 AM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Put PMB in the search plenty there to read.
Old 08 March 2013, 07:18 AM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

I have done that's the worrying issue ! Undecided now wether to sped my hard earned money on new 6 speed or go somewhere else
Old 08 March 2013, 10:50 AM
chasey
Scooby Regular

I have just had one fitted, they talk a good job and thats about it, end of the day the gearbox works as it should. I would buy parts off them but to have them touch my car again is a definate NO.

Parts are parts ive seen some of the cars and they do look too good to break
Old 08 March 2013, 11:39 AM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

Awaiting a call from them when ready and il go down and have a look
Old 30 March 2013, 09:15 PM
modelmotorvation
Scooby Regular

i bought my 98 uk 2000 turbo from them , spent a lot of time looking at classics and it came down to 2 in the end
the other one sold before i could look at it so got in contact with paul about the one they had listed .
gave me as much info about the car over the phone and was very honest about the general condition of the car .
add to this i paid a 100 deposit in the middle of december 2012 but didnt collect it until the second week of january 2013 again no pressure from them to collect the car even though i won it a month earlier .
when i turned up at the workshop i have to say i was amazed at how good the car actually was , i was expecting digs and dents as you would from a car that age but to my surprise it was very very clean .
both rear arches have surface rust starting to come through but again paul made this very clear during our phone calls about the car and supplied very high quality pictures of them and they were no where near as bad as i expected.
some of the members on here have seen the car at events i have attended and most of them are surprised when i tell them what it cost me taking into account the overall condition of the car .
to top it all off i drove down to boston from essex to collect the car in my 98 plate mondeo which i intended to scrap when i got there (it worked out cheaper than getting the train up there) paul offered to drive me down to the local post office so i could tax the classic as the tax ran out end of december , all that left was to run the mondeo in but again paul offered me the scrap money himself for the mondeo which saved me time and effort
i had a very pleasant experience with them and would not hesitate to use them for parts in the future , i only wish they were closer to me in essex and broke more classics!
most of the cars they were breaking were far to good to break full stop , but i suppose if you want good parts they have to come from good cars and someone has to break them
in fairness its the same with anything used , you cant expect it to be as good as new because its not , if a used part breaks down at anytime i dont see how its fair to blame the person who supplied it as you were the person who chose to save money and by a used part , same with my classic , if the engine blows up tomorrow i cant blame pmb as it was my decision to buy it
same goes with used parts when you clean them up or dismantle them and find things wrong that were not noticed before , again not really anyone's fault!
hope this helps in deciding on buying used parts for some of you