Just seen a crashed Scooby - I think!

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2002, 12:24 AM
Wak
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Chaps,
I'm just passing info as it may be of use to someone!

Within the last 30 minutes.

Egham Roundabout A30, coming from Egham towards London looks like a joyrider has skidded and landed in the middle of the roundabout.

Looks like a Red Subaru but the hatchback type. Its a little mangled, and dark to tell exactly.

There are at least 8 police cars, a few onlookers , dogs and a helicopter providing floodlighting circling overhead. Couldnt see if they had caught anyone or were still searching but looked like they were still looking!

Just saw someone posting here about losing there car to a jacker earlier today.

This is all I know, I'm not a scooby owner Chaps, just registered to post this message. Hope its not someones pride and joy here but also hope this info may be useful to you.
Old 17 May 2002, 01:23 AM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Wak,

Many, many thanks for making the time and effort for posting this info up here.

Fortunately it is not my scooby.

I feel sorry for the person who does own it I hope no one got hurt when it was taken and when it was crashed (except the ****** who stole it [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] )

Many thanks again,

Michelle.
Old 17 May 2002, 12:32 PM
Wak
Scooby Newbie

No problem, I'm a regular on an alternative forum.

Anyone working hard for their pride and joy, using forums like this etc. are "Car Enthusiasts" and it does **** me off the "have nots" will take the easy route of taking stuff rather and endangering lives for it rather than working for it.

So in one night someones looked after car, maintained and cared for, has been stolen for a driving cheap thrill and wrecked. Such a waste !

Owner will never get the same feeling from a repaired car, Joyrider gets a sentence to laugh at and will do it again. Where's the detterrent in UK Law?

As a Car Enthusiast, This was kind of my effort in a "neighbourhood watch" scheme.

We should be vigilant with our cars and use forums like this for communication. The trouble is that Internet/Forum enthusiasts are a minority amongst the car owning community they belong to so its more likely the owner of this car will never read this.

I will probably have to wait for a local newspaper next week and will update this thread if there is any more details on this incident.

regards.
Old 17 May 2002, 12:53 PM
Phill
Scooby Regular

Wak,
Your a scolar and a gentleman....

Keep it up,

Phill