Sponsored by:

I want my scoob back!!

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2001, 05:15 AM
v4r3
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Had a new BMW 328ci when they first came out, looked nice, great build quality, crap to drive..over 100 got all floaty and wondery.Sold it and got the dogs blocks a sti6 v-ltd type R, ok the gearing was a bit short and the brakes needed up rating but for me it really was the er "ultimate drivers car" (sorry BMW!) its just made the BMW look silly and incapable.However speed as we all know is adictive and I wanted something faster so made the huge mistake of selling the car and getting a Trevor Cerbera..ok so on the straights it swatted everything from evos/scoobies..well only top end motorbikes gave me any competition, the A41 from the M25 into Aylesbury (very nice stretch for top end runs..10 miles of dual with no gats and farms either side, very little plod) anyway get the TVR doing 160mph and floor it and you really feel the acceleration..just fab, only one thing wrong it kept breaking down ("they all do that sir" is the dealers stock answer), so sod that it got sold and I lost £k's, next needed a quick fix of reliability got a VR6 Highishline, which was OK, sold that, now have a don't all laugh at once Z3M roadster, 320bhp in a car lighter than the M3..should be brilliant thought I, Doh! big mistake..the worst handling car I have ever ever driven, you can not drive this hair salon fast thru bends I dont care what Tiff says..it is attrocious like my spelling. Going to Bournemouth/Poole the other week a P1 with 4 people in it made me feel very bad indeed..(are you reading this?!!)they reckon the M is good for 170 top end deresticted..yeah if youve got a death wish..talk about unstable.
So Im going to chuck it and get back into a scoob but dont know which? another sti6/P1 = £££++ or 22B?(luv those arches)or the new sti? is it really any better than the 6???
Now we are reading about the new M3 anyone got any opinions on how it will fare against the new Scoob? what do folk think of M3's? with my Z you have to red line every gear to get it to shuv..I dream of turbo boost!! sad or what!!
Old 24 April 2001, 06:14 AM
Mark Pattison
Scooby Regular

Hows about an Evo7? Bloody good value for money if you can forgive its looks

If I ever go back to driving one of the 4WD turbo monsters, I would be very tempted by the Evo's.
Old 24 April 2001, 07:16 PM
Richard Gledhill
Scooby Regular

Yeesh - I pray I'm not on the A41 anywhere near you!

Evo VII, maybe a Skyline, P1 WR... or import an RX8 when it comes out maybe?

Richard
Old 24 April 2001, 07:41 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Cool

i'm thinking of going the other way! 330ci sport auto!
my my00 build quality is awful. interior is falling to bits, engine surging, paint that chips VERY easily, bad depreciation etc etc etc.
i know the beemer aint quick, but its one of the most relaxing cars ive driven( the one i drove had sports suspension and felt very stable at 100mph)
if i want speed, i'll take my girlfriends scoob out for a blast..i'm insured at no extra cost on it!!